What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laying in my supply of Christmas cookies:

I also have a bag of peppermint-dark chocolate cookies, and little raspberry sandwich cookies. That little house was $2.99, so I had to get it!

Noticed a place on the way home yesterday called meat-n-bones so we decided to check them out today. Meatnbones.com. Got some frozen beef marrow bones I'll roast, some Ibérico spreadable chorizo from Spain Craig wanted and what they describe as the Wagyu of tuna packed in olive oil from Spain.

The bottle of peppers is from The Fresh Market and are also known as Sweety Drops. Our favorite high end Italian place uses them in their salads and as garnishes, and Craig loves them.

As I looked forward to making my own tapanade for spreading on toast and other purposes, I realized that I was running low on anchovies rolled on capers.

So, I did the necessary thing and ordered more of the hard to get product.

full.jpg

I now have 12 of these tins for salads, the tapanade and other purposes, - even pizzas, if I should choose.

Excuse me, but I've to ask, why do you use rolled anchovies for tapanade, isn't that way more expensive instead of using normal anchovies?

Excuse me, but I've to ask, why do you use rolled anchovies for tapanade, isn't that way more expensive instead of using normal anchovies?

You are correct. I buy the rolled on capers anchovies because I will likely use many of them for other things than the tapanade(s). It makes no sense to buy two types of anchovy products. I prefer the rolled on capers anchovies because I use them in many different ways that are better served that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom