What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also buy their eggs, or Pete & Gerry's because those are the only two cruelty-free egg producers Kroger carries.

I know...I know...I'll eat burger from McD's, but a company that cuts the beaks off of their moneymakers...that's just too far, man, too far!
They do that because the chickens are cramped together so closely they will peck each other to death, right? UGH so awful. What a life.

My youngest daughter is showing interest in cooking!! Finally! Something the old man can relate to..I am going to Ottawa tomorrow to bring her a shipment of meat for her freezer as she is on reduced hours due to pandemic restrictions at her place of work...she has shown interest in Asian cooking so I bought her a Wok, and a ton of Chinese cooking ingredients..mostly staples that she can use for the basis of her recipes..Oyster sauce, Hoisin, sesame oil, peanut oil, rice paper, egg noodles, chili paste, chili oil, 5 spice powder, Premium soy sauce, light soy sauce...you get the picture...

My youngest daughter is showing interest in cooking!! Finally! Something the old man can relate to..I am going to Ottawa tomorrow to bring her a shipment of meat for her freezer as she is on reduced hours due to pandemic restrictions at her place of work...she has shown interest in Asian cooking so I bought her a Wok, and a ton of Chinese cooking ingredients..mostly staples that she can use for the basis of her recipes..Oyster sauce, Hoisin, sesame oil, peanut oil, rice paper, egg noodles, chili paste, chili oil, 5 spice powder, Premium soy sauce, light soy sauce...you get the picture...
What a great dad!

that is love. Thank you for sharing, it is inspiring.

Last edited:
Choco hazel spread with no sugar added, Spelt grits.

Yeah, I found out my youngest smokes and swears like a sailor around her peers just recently. She's 27. Sometimes it's surprising what they let you find out after a few drinks!

My sweary one is 21. I found out when she was about 7. We were staying at her grandparents and her and her little brother were sent to bed upstairs.

What they didn’t know is I would sneak up & sit on the stairs reading a book until they went to sleep.

To her brother “you better shut the F up so we can sleep before mum get the sh*ts”.

She found out what soap tastes like that night but she still swears a lot & often right in front of me. By contrast her 18yo brother never swears.

My sweary one is 21. I found out when she was about 7. We were staying at her grandparents and her and her little brother were sent to bed upstairs.

What they didn’t know is I would sneak up & sit on the stairs reading a book until they went to sleep.

To her brother “you better shut the F up so we can sleep before mum get the sh*ts”.

She found out what soap tastes like that night but she still swears a lot & often right in front of me. By contrast her 18yo brother never swears.

In my entire 60 years, I never heard my my dad use any profanity. A few rare times, my mom did.

When I was driving from Florida to Houston with my dad about 20 years ago, a big U-Haul rental truck almost rolled 20 feet in front of us -- all the right side tires were off the ground. I shouted "OH SH*T!" My dad looked at me like I had just insulted god and all the angels in heaven.

My thought was, "We narrowly escaped a possibly fatal accident." His thought was apparently, "My son just said 'sh*t.'"

CD

In my entire 60 years, I never heard my my dad use any profanity. A few rare times, my mom did.
My parents are the same way. I've heard my dad say 💩 once, when he was angrily defending for the thousandth time why he didn't like pizza ("It smells like somebody 💩 in the oven, that's why!").

The funny thing is, where he worked, it was a very coarse environment, and I always wondered if maybe he had a split personality that way, filthy-mouthed at work, squeaky-clean at home.

Since his mind has started to go, I've heard him mutter "dammit," and "assh*le," under his breath a couple of times. Not long ago, he told a fairly tame, but definitely risqué joke, out of nowhere, which was pretty funny. He probably overheard it on the TV.

My mom, she only ever says 💩 when she's startled, like if she burns her hand on the stove or drops a plate, and it's not out of anger, but out of fear/surprise. She once famously threw a sawmill customer off the property for saying "frickin'," and when he apologized and tried to explain that he didn't say the bad f-word, she shot back, "Yeah, well, we all know what word you meant, and I won't have it!" :laugh:

Let's see how Mrs. Doyle feels about it all. Depending on where you work, this may or may not be appropriate for the office:

View: https://youtu.be/XLTnacYvvg4

My parents are the same way. I've heard my dad say 💩 once, when he was angrily defending for the thousandth time why he didn't like pizza ("It smells like somebody 💩 in the oven, that's why!").

The funny thing is, where he worked, it was a very coarse environment, and I always wondered if maybe he had a split personality that way, filthy-mouthed at work, squeaky-clean at home.

Since his mind has started to go, I've heard him mutter "dammit," and "assh*le," under his breath a couple of times. Not long ago, he told a fairly tame, but definitely risqué joke, out of nowhere, which was pretty funny. He probably overheard it on the TV.

My mom, she only ever says 💩 when she's startled, like if she burns her hand on the stove or drops a plate, and it's not out of anger, but out of fear/surprise. She once famously threw a sawmill customer off the property for saying "frickin'," and when he apologized and tried to explain that he didn't say the bad f-word, she shot back, "Yeah, well, we all know what word you meant, and I won't have it!" :laugh:

Let's see how Mrs. Doyle feels about it all. Depending on where you work, this may or may not be appropriate for the office:

My parents are the opposite, my mom would always start her day with three coughs and some cursing.

Which is why I rarely if ever use profanity

You, the pizza king, are the spawn of a pizza hater? You sure you weren't adopted?

I rarely use cursing words, if ever, I must be really mad if I do, like in front of Igor, when he did not get his promised bonus, just the f word,in English.
He says his work enviroment is a curse one, he uses a lot of *d and all variations of other...but never in front of me.

My daughter does not, either. To my knowledge.

When I am mildly aggravated, i use, fully aware of it, a funny curse which is not a curse, like, 'for the sake of all thorns', or 'to a thousand green tulips' or other plant, or 'to sparrow' instead of to Hell...

If I am surprised and saddened, I would use 'oh God', which I probably should not, but it slips out.

My parents are the opposite, my mom would always start her day with three coughs and some cursing.

Which is why I rarely if ever use profanity

I swear like a trooper and when angry have been known to construct whole sentences from swear words apart from the odd pronoun or preposition. My parents didn't swear at all.

We are off topic and I'm aiding and abetting it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom