What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not much of a salt person, either. Potatoes, however - if I'm ever told I have to cut out salt, I'll probably have to cut out potatoes, because that's one food that seems to require salt, to me. (I am able to use much less if I have my Yukon golds, however - since they already have close to sufficient intrinsic flavor.)

ATM no meds, just personal preference.
I never use salt either on or when cooking potatoes. I put black pepper and/or crushed chilli on them instead.

My wife brought these home on Monday. There were eight (now seven). They will likely last me until Christmas.

My wife brought these home on Monday. There were eight (now seven). They will likely last me until Christmas.

View attachment 34399
Here's the thing with me - if I had those, I'd feel kind of obligated to eat one a day until they were gone.

I wouldn't even necessarily want one every day, but if they're there, it's almost like it's my job to eat then.

I bought a single, big russet potato. It is destined for the oven, where it will bake until 210F internal temperature. It will then be stuffed with chili, cheese and green onions. There is a cold front coming tomorrow, so that may be the perfect timing.

CD

Dick Van Patten (actor) went into the premium dog food business before there was a premium dog food business, and part of his schtick to prove how good it was was to eat it in the adverts.

What little dog food I've accidentally ingested didn't so much as taste bad as it tasted of nothing. Bland. We humans like our salt!

My dogs both loved Frosty Paws dog ice cream. One day I decided to taste it..... Learn from my mistake, and NEVER eat dog ice cream. :stop:

CD

My dogs both loved Frosty Paws dog ice cream. One day I decided to taste it..... Learn from my mistake, and NEVER eat dog ice cream. :stop:

CD
Merrick makes sophisticated dog foods around the holidays, and I had some tins (about the size of potted meat tins) with flavors like "cranberry and apple crisp," etc.

I have a nephew who had no manners when it came to eating, and even though he knew he was supposed to stay out of my kitchen when visiting, he snuck out for a snack while I wasn't looking and grabbed one of those.

He complained later that it tasted "funny," but he ate the whole thing.

Merrick makes sophisticated dog foods around the holidays, and I had some tins (about the size of potted meat tins) with flavors like "cranberry and apple crisp," etc.

I have a nephew who had no manners when it came to eating, and even though he knew he was supposed to stay out of my kitchen when visiting, he snuck out for a snack while I wasn't looking and grabbed one of those.

He complained later that it tasted "funny," but he ate the whole thing.
I go to several greyhound walks where they usually have cake for us humans and treats for the dogs. A lot of these treats are home-made and don't contain anything a human can't eat. They are gorgeous (unless they have fish or liver in them)

Getting ready for the first fondue of the season this weekend:
I love pumpernickel. The one we used to get was so dark it was nearly black, strong tasting but lovely with lashings of butter and slices of Leberkäse. I've made ordinary rye bread myself but it doesn't compare unfortunately.

A wonderful lot of stuff from the fish market here in Saffron Walden. I should photograph it but each item is individually wrapped and it would mean... well anyway:

Red mullet x 2
Mussels from Branchaster (North Norfolk)
Clams from Cornwall
Oysters from Malden (Essex)
Huge crevettes x 3
Dressed crab from Cromer x 2
Monkfish
Dulse

Total bill £27 (approx, $34.50)

Yesterday I asked my wife to buy a couple of cucumbers from the afternoon market for my salmon sandwiches today. She came back with a Kilo! That was 19 cucumbers. Apparently they only sell them per 1 kg (฿ 10.00/kg - 25 pence).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom