What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you eat them dry?
We do. I hate them soggy, so I'd often just put peanut butter or chocolate spread it jam on them and eat them as a slice of toast....

Over here though the closest is Weet-Bix, there's no sugar and salt in it unlike weetabix.

Nope. Too dry for me. The idea of the things you spread on them is making me a little queasy! If I eat them at all, its with a little almond milk.

Here's a unique type of pork chops, I picked up, - butterfly pork chops.

Ooh, now I want an Iowa Pork Tenderloin Sandwich!
Classic+Iowa+Pork+Tenderloin+Sandwich.jpg

(photo credit iowafoodandfamily.com)

Not 'Sous Vide" then?

i would tend to use a thicker cut of pork loin for sous vide. What FL posted is closer to a pork loin cutlet. I don't think it would benefit from sous vide with a cut that thin.

CD

I picked up some olives and olive oil from the local olive grove this morning whilst out with the local knitting group. We meet there every Tuesday morning and I was needing some after running out at the weekend. I decant 250ml at a time into a green bottle and the rest is kept in the dark and as cold as possible. It lasts well and is the same price as the supermarket stuff, so I'm happy supporting a local company. The olives themselves are remarkably well priced if you buy the larger jars. That 1kg jar is about £9 in UK money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom