What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me this is THE rice.

Yesterday I found Black Angus beef porterhouse steaks on sale at Meijer for $7.99 lb. I bought 6 packages that were just over 1 lb each. They're in the freezer. I also found Black Angus filet mignon for 22.99 lb. The filets were about 6-8 ounces each. I bought 4 and we ate 2 last night for dinner.

Meijer also had beautiful campari tomatoes for $2.50 lb and huge 2 lb packages of strawberries for $2.99 so I bought some.

Last edited:
Yesterday I found Black Angus beef porterhouse steaks on sale at Meijer for $7.99 lb. I bought 6 packages that were just over 1 lb each. They're in the freezer. I also found Black Angus filet mignon for 22.99 lb. The filets were about 6-8 ounces each. I bought 4 and we ate 2 last night for dinner.

Meijer also had beautiful campari tomatoes for $2.50 lb and huge 2 lb packages of strawberries for $2.99 so I bought some.
I was at metro yesterday and saw rib eyes on special for 66.00 a kilogram. lol

Farmers Market this morning

IMG_1688.JPG

2 pints of (I was corrected) fresh Sugar Snap Peas, lovely Beef Steak Tomatoes, rolls and a loaf of fresh Bread from that restaurant a few towns away from us again and a treat, Aebleskiver with two kinds of sauce and powdered/icing Sugar.

I'm going to take some of the Tomatoes over to my Mother's, she loves them and hasn't had "a real tomato" in years she recently told me. DH said they're very good, I wouldn't know, can't stand them! :thumbsdown:

Well I understood that bit...
Here you go:

Whoopie pie - Wikipedia

Photo from King Arthur Baking

When I was a kid, whoopie pies came in one variety (chocolate with white cream frosting) and one size (about 3-4 inches across).

Now, you can get them in dozens of varieties, including red velvet, chocolate chip, pumpkin, and my favorite, oatmeal raisin. The frosting can be white, chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, etc., and you can get giant ones right down to mini ones.

Shoofly pie - Wikipedia

Photo from Discover Lancaster

Here you go:

Whoopie pie - Wikipedia
View attachment 85684

Photo from King Arthur Baking

When I was a kid, whoopie pies came in one variety (chocolate with white cream frosting) and one size (about 3-4 inches across).

Now, you can get them in dozens of varieties, including red velvet, chocolate chip, pumpkin, and my favorite, oatmeal raisin. The frosting can be white, chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, etc., and you can get giant ones right down to mini ones.

Shoofly pie - Wikipedia

View attachment 85685
Photo from Discover Lancaster
DH's older brother lives just over the Maryland state line in West Virginia and we go to the Amish Farmers Market every time we visit, YUM!!!

Ya know, that's the one thing I'm missing about not going to California to visit with Mom, fresh and I mean really fresh good produce! I could go right to the farm and I buy say an entire flat of stone fruit for $5 USD.
Ah, but that's all I'll miss about California!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom