What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I forgot that we were being visited by the inlaws (including a 5 year old) for a week. There are only two left now (and I had to fight for those!).

My wife bought me some more (I lost the fight).

Of course, that's probably more the owner than the dog, in most cases
Indeed. I've cured more than just my sister's dog in less than a week of living with her (dog also female). Bella, a shar pei no longer jumps up for anyone after our visit to the UK in August. Being on crutches at the best of times, it really doesn't work well. By the time we left, I could hold Bella on the lead with me on crutches as well. My sister has kept up with the not permitting it and also being firmer and saying no to Bella and now has a much happier dog. Though she does allow her to sleep with her on the bed.

One of our seafood purchases today. The ones in the black colander are washed and ready to steam open. The ones in the white are waiting. We got a 100-count bag of middle necks and will be having pasta with clam sauce tonight.

Our second seafood purchase, a hogfish. It was 6.27 pounds. Around 30 inches long. Craig is filleting it as I post. Check out those teeth. They root through the sand and outer layers of coral looking for tiny crustaceans to eat. Those fins on top come up and look like the top head feathers on a cockatoo.

Hogfish fillets usually sell in the vicinity of $20 per pound. We paid just under $7 per for the whole fish. The filets will probably come out to around $10 per by the time he is done.

Last edited:
Saturday saw a local village Christmas fair. Keen to support them, we stopped by.

There is a local olive grower that makes the most delicious olive oil and grows the most gorgeous kalamata olives. A liter is only AUD $25 and will last us most of the year. It's a salad or salad dressing olive oil not a cooking oil. The olives were just a treat!

View media item 2203
The jams I spotted at the olive oil stand and tried to buy them. I was tactfully redirected to 2 stalls along where there was a lady selling them and some plants. I picked up a redcurrant, an aqualiga and a local berry that is native to Australia beginning with M. I need to look it up again!
View media item 2202

I'll point out the white fudge Oreos. I don't even like Oreos, but you could cover a turd with white fudge and I'd eat it. That's my kryptonite at Christmas...anything covered in white fudge. Expect to see white fudge pretzels, white fudge Twinkies, white fudge biscotti, and white fudge ding dongs (mind out of the gutter, please!) appearing soon.

Took this photo for a friend, so I'm including it for fun.

I'll point out the white fudge Oreos. I don't even like Oreos, but you could cover a turd with white fudge and I'd eat it. That's my kryptonite at Christmas...anything covered in white fudge. Expect to see white fudge pretzels, white fudge Twinkies, white fudge biscotti, and white fudge ding dongs (mind out of the gutter, please!) appearing soon.

Took this photo for a friend, so I'm including it for fun.

Amazing deli, I love looking at them, so many tasty morsels. I'd be there for half an hour drooling,lol.

Russ

It's pretty much just melted white chocolate coating. "White fudge" just sounds more decadent. :)

Ah - I see. I'm afraid I'm not a fan of chocolate, least of all white chocolate which I find very sickly sweet. When I was a kid we sometimes used to get given Milky Bars (white chocolate mini bars of chocolate) by relatives and even then I couldn't eat them. In fact they are still on sale:

No longer mad at Texans! Karen went to a Western Beef place to get ground beef and found they have beef shoulder clods. As she describes them, they sound like brisket on steroids. I doubt I will ever get one as the least expensive (28 + lbs) was $140.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom