What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 35547

A lot more dairy and sugary things in this run than usual. I am making cookies later this week (two types) for the local food basket to the elderly, and ill, members of our town's community. I also include some non-food items here.

Today's run involved Tractor Supply (the cat and layer hen chicken feed), the AA batteries for more outdoor lights, and the fake eggs to encourage the recent pullets to lay where they should - down the road. The pack of pine chips is still in the car, as is the kitty litter. I do have a LOT of chicken feed down at the bin, but simply in case I need some extra. With the snow and slipperiness, carrying 25 lbs at a time is a bad idea for me.

New gloves came from Home Depot. I also got some plywood cut to size (also still in the car) for my plans to weatherproof the chicken tractor tomorrow. Temps will remain above freezing until dark tomorrow. Also a mini-tree which will appear on my mantle.

The Grocery Run part from Price Chopper - ingredients for my Cookery post, to be made this afternoon. Cookie making ingredients. A splurge on organic chicken wings and the pro-biotic yogurt. Seasonal cards for mailing. Not seen: recycled paper towels, and budget store brand TP.

Coconut flour, coconut sugar - for the cookies?

The problem is that the Chinese will eat anything that grows. I have eaten horsemeat in Germany and the only time I had meat in the village in Greece the donkey had disappeared. I drew the line at bat meat which a work colleague gave me to try. You can buy all sorts of strange things online in the UK that we wouldn't normally eat, so there must be a market for them.
You should try huhu grubs, peanut buttery. Yummy.

Russ

That's our third bottle of nog this season. We usually have just the one. Also some nice gourmet gingerbread cookies.

Can't wait for the beer. 11% ABV, so it's like wine. Hope it's good, it was $16US a six-pack.

Something I thought we would never purchase, an Italian white truffle. Karen will post a pic later I'm sure. The going rate is $3,000.00 per pound and the one we purchased was just under 1/2 an ounce. We will be making some really special dishes with it, no mushroom risotto. Any suggestions?

Also, that giant bag of potato chips was only $1 after a sale price and a coupon. I couldn't pass that up!

That was the only "make" that I recognised, although ours look like this:

s-l1000[1].jpg

Something I thought we would never purchase, an Italian white truffle. Karen will post a pic later I'm sure. The going rate is $3,000.00 per pound and the one we purchased was just under 1/2 an ounce. We will be making some really special dishes with it, no mushroom risotto. Any suggestions?

Never seen any, let alone eaten with it. I can prolly get it from the flash deli in merivale.
( merivale is THE expensive part of town.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom