What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to google beef clods.. sounds like they are great for Central Texas style Barbecue. Twenty eight pounds is a LOT of meat! Keep us posted if you find a smaller cut and prepare it, please.

It is a Central Texas thing, but even there, is not as common as something like brisket. Clod comes from the shoulder, and I've always heard it called "shoulder clod." I have never had it. I would love to. But, like I said, it is not easy to find. You have to look for it.

CD

I have been out of town so much, that I am in "throwing away" mode. A lot of stuff went bad. :mad:

I don't plan to load up until I get my new refrigerator/freezer. I need to go buy one this week. I'll have to move all my frozen/cold foods to a cooler for the day of delivery of the new fridge/freezer. So, I need to keep my perishables to a minimum for now.

CD

Fish n chips at the seaside house. $69 for 9 people. Son picked up the tab, kids in pool and spa all arvo. Beautiful day at sumner.

My earliest recollection was 6d for fish and 3d for chips.

The last time I had fish and chips in UK was at Harry Ramsden's and they were 10 quid per portion! And that was back in 2002.

The last time I had fish and chips in UK was at Harry Ramsden's and they were 10 quid per portion! And that was back in 2002.
It's like that here with hot wings and ribs. Used to be cheap garbage food, now they're as much as prime rib.

Don't remember what I paid in 98 when I was there, but the best I've ever had was a place near a big bridge in south of Scotland, firth or forth ?? They were streets ahead of anything I've ever had, food already cooked and in a cabinet. Vinegar was heaven, not like we get here. I don't think I'd ever find it again.

Russ

Don't remember what I paid in 98 when I was there, but the best I've ever had was a place near a big bridge in south of Scotland, firth or forth ?? They were streets ahead of anything I've ever had, food already cooked and in a cabinet. Vinegar was heaven, not like we get here. I don't think I'd ever find it again.

Russ

Sounds like "Queensferry". I can't say whether I've had fish and chips there.

I have been out of town so much, that I am in "throwing away" mode. A lot of stuff went bad. :mad:

I don't plan to load up until I get my new refrigerator/freezer. I need to go buy one this week. I'll have to move all my frozen/cold foods to a cooler for the day of delivery of the new fridge/freezer. So, I need to keep my perishables to a minimum for now.

CD

Snap, I'm having problems too.maytag is 12 years old though.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom