What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been waiting for these to show up!

36788-albums1135-picture8115.jpg

Mostly for my wife - that bottle of brown sauce is General Tso's Chicken sauce, to go with the other Chinese takeout items. The Pop-Tarts are hers, as well as the Fluff (I truly detest that stuff).

Expensive? Served with?? Cooked??

Russ

This batch was $25 a pound. We generally have a raw dish with the siphon and fry the bellies. I'm not sure, but I don't think you have geoducks in your part of the world.

Last edited:
This batch was $25 a pound. We generally have a raw dish with the siphon and fry the bellies. I'm not sure, but I don't think you have geoducks in your part of the world.

No, but we have othe weird things. I imagine they taste like razor clams? I didn't know you are the belly. I would thinly slice it and cook the belly as abelone. Aka Paua here.

Russ

No, but we have othe weird things. I imagine they taste like razor clams? I didn't know you are the belly. I would thinly slice it and cook the belly as abelone. Aka Paua here.

Russ

No where near as tough as abalone.

No photos, but purchases today included:

Pie crusts
Frozen corn
Mozz cheese
Ground beef
Ground pork
Lebanon Bologna
Prosciutto
Parmesan
Pecorino
Feta
Ricotta
Half-And-Half
Diced pickled chilis
Spaghetti
Orecchiette
Gemelli
Tortillas
Bok Choy
Green Beans
Cherry tomatoes
Whole wheat bread
Rosemary
Mint
Strawberries
Potatoes
Broccoli
Limes
Pineapple

No photos, but purchases today included:

Pie crusts
Frozen corn
Mozz cheese
Ground beef
Ground pork
Lebanon Bologna
Prosciutto
Parmesan
Pecorino
Feta
Ricotta
Half-And-Half
Diced pickled chilis
Spaghetti
Orecchiette
Gemelli
Tortillas
Bok Choy
Green Beans
Cherry tomatoes
Whole wheat bread
Rosemary
Mint
Strawberries
Potatoes
Broccoli
Limes
Pineapple

That's a lot of shopping. I'd love to go shopping with you. It would be a laugh I reckon.

Russ

That's a lot of shopping. I'd love to go shopping with you. It would be a laugh I reckon.

Russ
Possibly, as I'm almost always in a good mood, and I like jawing with the employees.

Today, I went to a Kroger I've rarely gone to (just like I did last weekend), just for the drive and to see a different store. The woman who rang me up was about 80yo, and the girl bagging my stuff was probably 16 or 17.

When I was about done, I looked at the girl's name tag, and I winked and said, "McKenzie? Hey, maybe we're related...my last name's McKenzie!"

My last name is not McKenzie, but I just wanted to tease her a little. She was giggling a little bit when the woman at the register handed me my receipt and loudly said, "Here's your receipt, Mr. R... You saved $9.83 today, Mr. R...and you have 164 fuel points, Mr. R...Thank you for shopping with us today, Mr. R..." - of course she had my correct last name from my credit card swipe and she heavily emphasized my name each time she said it. :laugh:

Possibly, as I'm almost always in a good mood, and I like jawing with the employees.

Today, I went to a Kroger I've rarely gone to (just like I did last weekend), just for the drive and to see a different store. The woman who rang me up was about 80yo, and the girl bagging my stuff was probably 16 or 17.

When I was about done, I looked at the girl's name tag, and I winked and said, "McKenzie? Hey, maybe we're related...my last name's McKenzie!"

My last name is not McKenzie, but I just wanted to tease her a little. She was giggling a little bit when the woman at the register handed me my receipt and loudly said, "Here's your receipt, Mr. R... You saved $9.83 today, Mr. R...and you have 164 fuel points, Mr. R...Thank you for shopping with us today, Mr. R..." - of course she had my correct last name from my credit card swipe and she heavily emphasized my name each time she said it. :laugh:

Jawing with the supermarket staf, lol, about 30 years ago I was standing in line and a guy I knew behind me, we were talking to each other, then I was talking to the chick serving me, I said you should go out with this guy behind me, they looked at each other and said hi. I left the supermarket with them talking. They later went out, and I ran into the guy about two years later. He married the chick I introduced him to. Crazy eh???
True story!!

Russ

3 kg of pig's liver. I've never seen 3 kg of liver before; I normally buy it in 250 gm portions. Plus about 15 kg of rice. All this will be for the dogs.

It was all gratis.

3 kg of pig's liver. I've never seen 3 kg of liver before; I normally buy it in 250 gm portions. Plus about 15 kg of rice. All this will be for the dogs.

It was all gratis.

Wow, you can make some boudin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom