What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my purchases today:

That bag of lettuce? The last lettuce at Kroger. The buns were not my first choice, either, but some ass/arse (probably both, they're bi-jerkish) went through and dug their fingers into the plastic wrap, tearing massive chunks out of many of the packs of buns. 😠

The Pop-Tarts and cereals are for my wife. I grabbed the wrong pancake mix by mistake. I don't use it very often, but I do like to have it on hand:

This is all frivolous buying from the local deep discount store (Ollie's). They have the best deals on k-cup teas. That Twining's was $3.99US. If I can find it in a shop, it's about $10, and if I order it from Keurig or Twining's direct, it's more like $15.

5 kg packs of rice - on special offer....

No pics, but today I bought:

English muffins
Chicken broth
Brown sugar
Confectioner's sugar
Half-and-half
Eggs
Cream cheese
Butter
Tortillas
Bananas
Grapes
Bread

Yesterday, I bought a box of eggs for just under $20.00 at Restaurant Depot. There were 15 dozen in the box. After separating the cracked/broken (which I cooked for the pugs) I ended up with 12 dozen. Lots of eggs for all kinds of things. Worked out to $1.33 a dozen.

Today I bought a case of 20 oz Diet Coke and a case (24-500 ml bottles) of San Pellegrino water.

Yesterday, I bought a box of eggs for just under $20.00 at Restaurant Depot. There were 15 dozen in the box. After separating the cracked/broken (which I cooked for the pugs) I ended up with 12 dozen. Lots of eggs for all kinds of things. Worked out to $1.33 a dozen.

Today I bought a case of 20 oz Diet Coke and a case (24-500 ml bottles) of San Pellegrino water.

Wow, cheap eggs. I used to buy mine from a farm guy I know, trays of 15 free range and big, over half were double yolkers for $10. I now buy from another friend who delivers free range also, but no double yolkers so far. They are $5 a dozen. For comparison our minimum wage here is around $18.

Russ

I've given up on finding hand sanitizer, so went shopping for 99% isopropyl alcohol, pure aloe Vera gel and bottles for a DIY version. Had to buy from 3 different places, but all are supposedly in stock. Guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom