What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a little true-life levity:

I'm about to leave the house to pick up (yet another) prescription for MrsTasty, and hopefully some dog food.

As I was leaving, she said, "Wait! I need to make a shopping list for you!" Unusual, and my wife normally leaves all that to me.

I wandered off, and about 20 minutes later, here's the list she presented me:

I manage get some purple sprout broccoli Deli deliver later. I making Balsamic glaze chicken tomorrow so need. I asked Roberto and he say he still have plenty dry things like beans an lentil.
Sarana x

With the beer, this was our conversation earlier:

"So when you say German beer, are you wanting something more seasonal, like a bock, or something a little lighter, like a hefe?"

"Yes."

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, I want bock and hefe. Both."

🤨

Anyway, Kroger had only one German beer we like, so I grabbed some Boddington's instead, because we both like that. Conversation when I got home:

<MrsTasty looks at Paulaner & Boddie's> "So no bock, then?"

"Nope. Paulaner, Becks, or Warsteiner, so I grabbed the Paulaner and then saw the Boddie's."

"That's a four-pack. What're you gonna have?"

🤨🤨

Glad to say, I did find the dog food we buy. Chewy.com doesn't carry it, though Amazon does. But, they had plenty at this Kroger, so we're good for another several days.

Tonight, I bought:

Prosecco
Milk
Eggs
Bread
Dog food
Butter
Yogurt
Ground beef
Chicken breast
Italian sausages
Irish sausages
Pork loin
OJ
Olive oil
Pesto
Mayonnaise
Peppercorns
Spinach
Mushrooms
Cherry tomatoes
Bananas
Pineapple

Our deli/hair dye type gloves came today, so we used them at the grocery. Got home and the GermX hand wipes had come four 2 pack jugs of 65 each. Now just waiting on the 99% isopropyl alcohol to be shipped so I can make hand sanitizer gel.

We got everything on our list except flour, large cream (they had smalls), and charcoal (they had some, but not the kind Craig likes, which was BOGO). Plenty of produce, real light on meat and cleaning supplies, no paper towels or T paper.

Got enough food for 2 plus weeks, but the most important was a 4 pack of Kentucky bourbon barrel ale for me and a 6 pack of Modelo for Craig! :woot:

150 quail eggs!

Olives & Quail's eggs go very well together - just saying...

1585409751568.png

QUAIL EGGS WITH OLIVE PUREE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom