What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to brew beer all the time, and got several other people brewing as well. My first kit and supplies came from Boots. Just the fact that I could buy a beer kit at a drug store was enticement enough.

We used to get Haywards piccalilli as kids as well. Wow!!

For information:

Haywards Picallili is easy to get in supermarkets here in the UK. They also make pickled onions, red cabbage and beetroot.

In 1868 the Haywards Brothers of Montford Place, Kennington, formed a company making pickles, sauces, vinegar and cordials. The company’s specialities included Military pickle, Military Sauce, old English pickles and Karjat chutney. In 1956, the Haywards trademark was sold to Edward Manwaring Ltd, where the brands amalgamated to form the Haywards brand. Following this in 1963, Haywards was bought by the Melbury group and then by Brooke Bond Oxo in 1970.

In 1979 the company moved from London to Bury, where the factory is based today. In 1985 Brooke Bond was bought by Unilever and following further mergers and acquisitions, the Haywards brand was bought by current owners, Mizkan Euro, from Premier Foods in 2012. In October 2015, the brand was relaunched to offer a revived offering including delicious new recipes and exciting stand out packaging.

1585985238402.png
1585985285806.png

For information:

Haywards Picallili is easy to get in supermarkets here in the UK. They also make pickled onions, red cabbage and beetroot.

I'll guarantee that you are not paying £3.50 for 400 gms though?

That's very commendable. Personally, I'd be starting to panic by now.

I was going to just blow the lot but the sensible portion of my brain (albeit only small) persuaded me otherwise.

Back in the early 80s I worked for a month in Qatar where only the foreigners with residency permits could buy alcohol. One day, one of said foreigners gave my boss a bottle of whisky. He suggested that we have a tipple each day and make it last. I suggested that if we were caught with it, we'd be deported, so just blow the lot in one session. I don't think that the sensible portion of my brain existed then.

We're due a case of wine today. Also, our governor just signed an order allowing bars with on-premises liquor licenses to deliver alcohol, and if they serve food, a person is allowed to have two alcoholic drinks per meal for carry-out. Drinks have to stay sealed during transport, though. :)

We're due a case of wine today. Also, our governor just signed an order allowing bars with on-premises liquor licenses to deliver alcohol, and if they serve food, a person is allowed to have two alcoholic drinks per meal for carry-out. Drinks have to stay sealed during transport, though. :)
I quite lucky Reuben I have convenience store may be 50 metre away, he stock most thing Ray an I like such like Grappa, an good wines.
Sarana x

Liquor stores are now allowed to make deliveries on pre paid orders. Spirits and rtds. Supermarkets have been wine and beer only. This government has no idea, they said butchers could open originally, then changed their mind with butchers caught with huge stocks. And couldn't sell, yet supermarket butchers could sell. A lot of grey areas.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom