What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mask logic we're getting is that the (fabric, non-medical) mask isn't to protect the wearer from getting the virus, it's to keep the wearer who may not realize they already have the virus from spreading it to others.

Kroger now has a person cleaning carts full-time, and they're supposed to be in the process of installing physical barriers at checkout lanes in every store, but they announced that two weeks ago and still haven't made it to ours.

The luxury store I like to go to have put down markers and made their lanes one-way, to keep people from bunching together.

The mask logic we're getting is that the (fabric, non-medical) mask isn't to protect the wearer from getting the virus, it's to keep the wearer who may not realize they already have the virus from spreading it to others.

Yes that's right. They possibly help a little bit to block particles expelled by the wearer. But the wearing of cloth masks it isn't really proven to significantly reduce the spread and is not specifically recommended by the World Health Organisation.

What I Bought Today:

Jarred sliced beets
Jarred sliced dill pickles
Jarred whole dill pickles
Canned chicken broth
Golden Crisp Cereal
Frosted Flakes Cereal
Shredded Wheat Cereal
Spring Water
AP flour
Green Onions
Orange Pepper
Garlic
Bananas
Rainbow Carrots
Butter lettuce
Cucumber
Red Raspberries
Cube Steak
Thick Bologna
Dried Beef
Frozen Crispy Crown Potatoes
Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries
Sour Cream
Shredded Italian Cheese Mix
Heavy cream
Half and half
Buttermilk
Eggs
Reusable Produce Bags

My grocery delivery ;
Strawberries
Chicken livers
Potatoes
Milk
Self raising flour
Eggs
Butter
Crème fraiche
Thyme
Cinnamon
Green olives
Goats cheese
Gouda cheese
Bacon
Milk chocolate ( for kids)
Cabbage
Zuchini
Radish
Cucumber
Pancakes ( for kids )
Pizza ( for kids)
Coconut milk
Tinned tuna
Sandwich spread
White rolls
Whole wheat bread
Yoghurt
Oranges
Saltine crackers

You guys buy a lot of food, we are living from freezers. Shopping consists of milk bread cream etc, and a few veges. I'm making chicken and pumpkin risotto for tonight. Everything is here.

Russ

You guys buy a lot of food, we are living from freezers. Shopping consists of milk bread cream etc, and a few veges. I'm making chicken and pumpkin risotto for tonight. Everything is here.

Russ

We eat all of it, we barely waste anything. . Guess we just eat a lot.

Windigo - I think it was your previous list where I said I love seeing all the exotic (to me) purchases - this time, I can say, I'd buy everything on your list, apart from the livers, and I've got some cream and buttermilk sat out now, turning into creme fraiche as I type. :)

From my list, we've already used the cube steak and the carrots.

Not buying, but want to buy. Looking for someone that sells root ginger in oil. I've Googled but keep getting results for ginger oil.
If all else fails I could make some, I would imagine it is just ginger chopped and kept in oil for a week or two?

Not buying, but want to buy. Looking for someone that sells root ginger in oil. I've Googled but keep getting results for ginger oil.
If all else fails I could make some, I would imagine it is just ginger chopped and kept in oil for a week or two?View attachment 39798

I may be best to use this but just chop the ginger finely rather than puree it?

Ginger Paste | My Heart Beets

I may be best to use this but just chop the ginger finely rather than puree it?

Only my opinion but I would suggest that the recipe quotes bottled ginger (in oil) for folks who don't have access to fresh ginger.

I use a chopper (Phillips) to either finely chop ginger (dry) or puree it (with water or oil).

I do the same with garlic.

Only my opinion but I would suggest that the recipe quotes bottled ginger (in oil) for folks who don't have access to fresh ginger.

I use a chopper (Phillips) to either finely chop ginger (dry) or puree it (with water or oil).

I do the same with garlic.

Yes, I guess you're correct. It's silly, I know, but I do have difficulty with substituting ingredients. I'm a nerdy geek and a bit of a pedant which stands me in good stead for my career but can be a pain in the bum at other times.

Yes, I guess you're correct. It's silly, I know, but I do have difficulty with substituting ingredients.

Living in the middle of nowhere (as I do) requires a lot of adaptations of recipes to use ingredients which are available. In saying that though, many more commodities were becoming available until this year's virus scare.

If all else fails I could make some, I would imagine it is just ginger chopped and kept in oil for a week or two?View attachment 39798

I've never ever heard of ginger in oil. Ginger oil, yes but not preserving ginger in oil. Can I ask what this recipe is for and where it comes from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom