What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never ever heard of ginger in oil. Ginger oil, yes but not preserving ginger in oil. Can I ask what this recipe is for and where it comes from?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's an Indian curry, there is no need to have the ginger from a bottle.

I think Yorky is probably right when he suggested that it is for someone who hasn't got fresh ginger. Or maybe, as it's 30 minutes or less, they suggest it this way for ease of use?
I've made some now by chopping up some ginger and popping it in vegetable oil. I had the idea that once I've used the ginger I can use the oil as part of a salad dressing.

Last edited:
Yes that's right. They possibly help a little bit to block particles expelled by the wearer. But the wearing of cloth masks it isn't really proven to significantly reduce the spread and is not specifically recommended by the World Health Organisation.

I saw a woman with a mask in our local Co op about a week ago. She must have touched or adjusted said mask 5 to 10 times while I was in the shop so I doubt it did any good, either for protecting her or other people.

My wife came home with some frozen smoked salmon trout yesterday. It was just under £ 30.00/kg. Not having bought proper smoked salmon for decades I was wondering if this was a reasonable price?

My wife came home with some frozen smoked salmon trout yesterday. It was just under £ 30.00/kg. Not having bought proper smoked salmon for decades I was wondering if this was a reasonable price?

I'm slightly concerned that its frozen as I've never come across it fozen nor tried freezing smoked salmon. But I suppose it should work. I just got some smoked salmon in delivered order and it was £3.50 for 100g - so your price is a bit cheaper! You can get it cheaper than this, though - Tesco's:

I'm slightly concerned that its frozen as I've never come across it fozen nor tried freezing smoked salmon. But I suppose it should work. I just got some smoked salmon in delivered order and it was £3.50 for 100g - so your price is a bit cheaper! You can get it cheaper than this, though - Tesco's:

I haven't tasted it yet. It could be rubbish.

Watch this space.

I saw a woman with a mask in our local Co op about a week ago. She must have touched or adjusted said mask 5 to 10 times while I was in the shop so I doubt it did any good, either for protecting her or other people.

Wearing a mask is purely to reduce the spread of the virus. It protects those around you, not you, by catching droplets you emit when you cough, sneeze, or just talk.

CD

I'm slightly concerned that its frozen as I've never come across it fozen nor tried freezing smoked salmon. But I suppose it should work.

Why would smoked salmon need to be frozen? Smoking is a means of preserving. Properly smoked, it shouldn't even need to be chilled.

CD

Wearing a mask is purely to reduce the spread of the virus. It protects those around you, not you, by catching droplets you emit when you cough, sneeze, or just talk.

Yes - unless its a properly fitted clinical PPE mask which does offer some protection to the user. The virus can get through ordinary cloth masks quite easily or into any gap or crevice between the mask and the skin or into eyes.

I'm off topic for this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom