What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Kroger finally decided to stock footlong hot dogs and footlong buns at the same time, so I grabbed some of each. Yum!

Oh, Kroger finally decided to stock footlong hot dogs and footlong buns at the same time, so I grabbed some of each. Yum!

I am actually in the mood for some good hot dogs. I can seriously do without any hot dog bun, though. I could perhaps wrap them up in a tasty bit of quality toast, and include mustard and a little finely diced onion....

(Even more decadent would be some chili and cheese, but I'd be happy enough without....)

I am actually in the mood for some good hot dogs. I can seriously do without any hot dog bun, though. I could perhaps wrap them up in a tasty bit of quality toast, and include mustard and a little finely diced onion....

(Even more decadent would be some chili and cheese, but I'd be happy enough without....)
These will get topped with onion, mustard, chili, and cheese, and the dogs are really good, from a local sausage maker.

These will get topped with onion, mustard, chili, and cheese, and the dogs are really good, from a local sausage maker.
You got locally made hot dogs from Kroger? I'm very jealous. The best I can do are the dogs that answer to "a higher power".

You got locally made hot dogs from Kroger? I'm very jealous. The best I can do are the dogs that answer to "a higher power".
Yeah, from Queen City Meats. I can also get sausages from Bluegrass Meats just over the river.

Not a complete list...

Strawberries
Sweet corn
Grape tomatoes
Smallish beefsteak tomatoes
Red onion
Fresh Mozzarella
Red potatoes
Chicken -- thighs and wings
Vodka (not really, just wishful thinking)

CD

That is a very 'healthy' list of things.

Considering all I needed was the grape tomatoes and mozzarella balls, it was a long list of things. But, the fresh sweet corn and good strawberries will be going away before I want them to, so I buy them while they are still good.

The red potatoes (potato salad) and chicken are for the holiday weekend. I need to fire up the grills while the temperatures are ridiculously hot.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom