What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milk
Butter
Halloumi
Greek Yoghurt
Spreadable cheese (kids)
New potatoes
Mushrooms
Leeks
Carrots
Onions
Cherries
Pears
Spinach (kids)
Sausages
Organic chicken breast
Lamb cutlets
Ketjap manis
Cassave krupuk
Chickpeas
Dark chocolate
Condensed milk
Tinned tomatoes
Tinned mango
Sandwich spread
Belgian mayo
Indomie noodle box
Pancakes (kids)
Hotdogs (kids)
Frozen pizza (kids)

Water
Prosecco
Milk
Half-and-half
Yogurt
Sour cream
Fresh mozzarella
Ham
Different ham
OJ
Colby cheese
American cheese
Bacon
Chicken breasts
Breakfast sausage links
Bologna
Pasta
Chicken soup
Garbanzo beans
Mixed nuts
White sandwich bread
Potato chips
Brioche buns
Lemons
Cucumber
Eggs
Cherry tomatoes
Campari tomatoes
Green beans
Apples
Red grapes

Today's shopping trip was a mess. I normally use their scan-bag-go app, scanning with my phone while I go along, then pay through the app on my phone.

Today, since I had booze, I had to go through the self-serve kiosk area, scan a kiosk, which transfers my order from my phone to the kiosk, then that allows the employee to check my ID and finish my order.

However, today, when I started transferring the order, the whole system crashed. That's happened a couple of times before, and al I usually do is wait for the kiosks to reboot, then go back through the transferring process again.

This time, when everything came back up, my order was gone. $180US, so a big shop, and it was no longer anywhere in the system. Well, sh!t. 😠

At that point, I could either rescan everything and chance that it would work a second time, or just go through a traditional checkout lane. I opted for the checkout lane.

Got in the only one open (8AM), and there were two shoppers in front of me, both with substantial purchases. Waited...waited... first one was ready to pay, and she pulled out about 30 paper coupons, and every third one was either expired or not for the item she purchased, and she argued each one, then took a good 15 seconds each time to decide whether she wanted the item or not.

At that point, another lane opened, and I moved over there, but not before someone zipped in front of me with a "I'm sure you don't mind, I have just a few things," comment. Well, I did mind, because she had the same problem. She bought several 12-packs of pop (3 for $10 or something), but half the pop she got wasn't included in that special and she felt like arguing about it.

It took me as long to check out as it did to shop.

Today's shopping trip was a mess. I normally use their scan-bag-go app, scanning with my phone while I go along, then pay through the app on my phone.

Today, since I had booze, I had to go through the self-serve kiosk area, scan a kiosk, which transfers my order from my phone to the kiosk, then that allows the employee to check my ID and finish my order.

However, today, when I started transferring the order, the whole system crashed. That's happened a couple of times before, and al I usually do is wait for the kiosks to reboot, then go back through the transferring process again.

This time, when everything came back up, my order was gone. $180US, so a big shop, and it was no longer anywhere in the system. Well, sh!t. 😠

At that point, I could either rescan everything and chance that it would work a second time, or just go through a traditional checkout lane. I opted for the checkout lane.

Got in the only one open (8AM), and there were two shoppers in front of me, both with substantial purchases. Waited...waited... first one was ready to pay, and she pulled out about 30 paper coupons, and every third one was either expired or not for the item she purchased, and she argued each one, then took a good 15 seconds each time to decide whether she wanted the item or not.

At that point, another lane opened, and I moved over there, but not before someone zipped in front of me with a "I'm sure you don't mind, I have just a few things," comment. Well, I did mind, because she had the same problem. She bought several 12-packs of pop (3 for $10 or something), but half the pop she got wasn't included in that special and she felt like arguing about it.

I think this goes into the category of "First World Problems." :hyper::D

CD

This is why I shop on line and get it delivered. But I know that your on line supermarket delivery isn't as good or comprehensive as it is here. Here it is really very good and I can't see much reason to go in person to a supermarket, particularly in the current situation. My next delivery is on Sunday and I trust it will have more or less everything I need for next week (including a basil plant for use in the recipe challenge).

This is why I shop on line and get it delivered. But I know that your on line supermarket delivery isn't as good or comprehensive as it is here. Here it is really very good and I can't see much reason to go in person to a supermarket, particularly in the current situation. My next delivery is on Sunday and I trust it will have more or less everything I need for next week (including a basil plant for use in the recipe challenge).

With this heat wave we have going on, I may need to buy a basil plant to keep inside. My poor plant in the garden is getting a real beat-down by this heat. We had some isolated thunderstorms today, but barely any rain. However, the clouds did help with the temperature. I believe it only got up to about 94F today.

CD

Watermelon, 2 mild cheeses, sliced ham, milk, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and cornstarch (threw out old ones,) garlic, tomatoes, peppers small and large, lettuce and english cucumber. Fresh dill, kosher dill pickles and bread and butter pickles. bananas and cherry tomatoes. There are a few things that i don't consider food like chips and more chips, that appear to be my wife's reason for living.

You could go through a drive through liquor store and save yourself all that hassle. Shop for food in your preferred method and not buying liquor will make the trip so much easier.

Water
Prosecco
Milk
Half-and-half
Yogurt
Sour cream
Fresh mozzarella
Ham
Different ham
OJ
Colby cheese
American cheese
Bacon
Chicken breasts
Breakfast sausage links
Bologna
Pasta
Chicken soup
Garbanzo beans
Mixed nuts
White sandwich bread
Potato chips
Brioche buns
Lemons
Cucumber
Eggs
Cherry tomatoes
Campari tomatoes
Green beans
Apples
Red grapes

I live in the same state as TR does, and I have no problems with my online grocery shopping service (I do contactless curbside, though I could get it delivered if I wanted). I am doing a pickup on Wednesday.

You could go through a drive through liquor store and save yourself all that hassle. Shop for food in your preferred method and not buying liquor will make the trip so much easier.
We don't have drive-thru liquor stores in my county, though there are lots and lots of liquor stores. Most of the grocery stores have liquor departments. Did you know that Ohio owns all the liquor stores up here? Yup. The state owns them all and the prices are all fixed as a result.

I order booze online from my grocery store and use the free curbside pickup service. No issues.

None of the grocery stores where I live accept paper coupons anymore...at least for now. They actually prefer people not pay cash, either. Paper coupons and money are both pretty germy.

I live in the same state as TR does, and I have no problems with my online grocery shopping service (I do contactless curbside, though I could get it delivered if I wanted). I am doing a pickup on Wednesday.
Curbside is the only one I haven't tried. I've tried Kroger through Instacart and Kroger through their own delivery service and both were pretty bad. The former, the shoppers just aren't as discerning as I am, and the latter, 90% of what I want is "temporarily unavailable."

I do it once or twice a week. We have Giant Eagle up here. We also have an Acme Fresh Market, which I used a few times and was completely dissatisfied. Giant Eagle had a few mishaps when I first tried them but they actually called for feedback and few times and their corporate sent out email surveys asking about their service. The last 7-8 times it's been perfect.

Here they won't include booze in a curbside order. I can't even see booze in the app. Yes Kroger had a liquor department but I would have to go inside.

We don't have drive-thru liquor stores in my county, though there are lots and lots of liquor stores. Most of the grocery stores have liquor departments. Did you know that Ohio owns all the liquor stores up here? Yup. The state owns them all and the prices are all fixed as a result.

I order booze online from my grocery store and use the free curbside pickup service. No issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom