What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! We're at a bit of an impasse at the moment, which is all moot because we're not going anywhere anyway. :laugh:

She's pushing for a self-drive tour around the north of Scotland, and I'm all-in for Portugal!

I can only say I've been to Portugal because I had a layover there many years ago. I never got to leave the airport. :(

CD

Last edited:
Went to the massive international market today, so settle in for a gander:

My ex-wife and I really liked Taylors tea. We liked their Irish Breakfast tea. We also kept Ty-phoo around, as an everyday tea. Never tried PG Tips or Builders. On my own, I drank coffee, but she and I used to enjoy sitting and talking over a pot of good tea.

CD

My ex-wife and I really liked Taylors tea. We liked their Irish Breakfast tea. We also kept Ty-phoo around, as an everyday tea. Never tried PG Tips or Builders. On my own, I drank coffee, but she and I used to enjoy sitting and talking over a pot of good tea.

CD

PG tips is my normal choice (but never de-caf). In fact I'm drinking a cup now.

Went to the massive international market today, so settle in for a gander:

What is the round orange thing in the Jungle Jim packet with the mustard.

We liked their Irish Breakfast tea.

Both countries are magnificent. The thing that literally drives me mad about summer holidays in Scotland are the midges.
My preference is to go on holiday after Thanksgiving, but before Christmas. The first two weeks of that are still pretty cheap, but you still get to see all the Christmas decorations, go to pantomimes, etc.

MrsTasty likes to go in September/October, so we usually just trade off - we go in December one year and Autumn another year.

What is the round orange thing in the Jungle Jim packet with the mustard.
Caramel/toffee apple. Not for me, it's MrsTasty's.

Sunday lunch every other day..
You need to be in London, high tea at the Savoy. The next day Simpsons. Both were favorites of my Dad and big brother. In his pomp my elder brothers company had a table permanently reserved at the Savoy. In my opinion the roast meat in Simpson was the best.

Roasts
Taking centre stage on our Bill of Fare for nearly two centuries, roast meat is at the heart of Simpson's in the Strand. Wheeled to your table on our original Victorian silver domed carving trollies and attended to by our Master Carver, our appreciation of the traditional roast dinner is integral to our commitment to serving British classics using the finest of locally sourced produce.

Sunday Roast London | Covent Garden | Simpson's in the Strand

Last edited:
But I never had "proper" afternoon tea in London...I like the idea of it but I don't like scones or sandwiches so it'd be a waste of money. One of my friends once went to a place where you could have your tea sitting in a princess carriage and that's one place I would go but she forgot the name of the place.

The Savoy always makes me think of Sherlock Holmes. And the Strand is my favorite street, I always walk the entire street when I'm in London.

I have a friend who lives there so I have free accommodation.
Only my father left London from his family of Jewish immigrants. Off and on I have lived there, I would flee when served up a "nice" Jewish girl to marry by my Aunts. I would normally now make a non pc joke about Jewish girl and sex but I would get told off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom