What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife managed to find some duck eggs in the afternoon market yesterday. Not cheap mind, US$ 1.75 for 10.
Supermarket chicken eggs are dirt cheap here, regularly 99¢ for a dozen, and frequently on sale for 59¢.

I buy the ones where they treat the chickens a little better and don't cut off their beaks or shackle them to their little laying boxes, and those are $6 for a dozen.

We do have duck eggs here, but we have to go to a specialty shop to get them, so I'll have to price them next time I'm there.

Supermarket chicken eggs are dirt cheap here, regularly 99¢ for a dozen, and frequently on sale for 59¢.

I buy the ones where they treat the chickens a little better and don't cut off their beaks or shackle them to their little laying boxes, and those are $6 for a dozen.

We do have duck eggs here, but we have to go to a specialty shop to get them, so I'll have to price them next time I'm there.

As I have posted earlier, we couldn't find duck eggs a week ago and had to resort to chicken eggs. After eating duck eggs for some 10 years now, I find chicken eggs a huge let down.

Local ribeye steak. Even after cutting out the gristle there was plenty left for two. Cost was €6.98.

Shrimp (prawns), coarse Kosher salt, something called 4-cheese (sliced), chicken wings. Wanted to find eggplant/aubergine and mozzarella cheese for a planned recipe, but this shop is small.

Also a small tin of Fancy Feast cat food - I don't normally buy this stuff for cats, but I think my ancient little girl deserves a treat ever so often. Turkey and giblet flavored.

And yes, I also hit the liquor store.

Yorky how's things in your village? I saw a lot of unrest in bangers the other night? Dictator being removed??

Russ

Quiet. Nothing much happens this far north. Except possibly floods which we are being warned could happen. This time last year the authorities were implementing drought measures.

[Edit: Here’s the weather forecast for the next 24 hours: Northeast: Mostly cloudy with thundershowers in 60 per cent of the area and isolated heavy rain; temperature lows of 22-25°C and highs of 32-34°C.]

Last edited:
Quiet. Nothing much happens this far north. Except possibly floods which we are being warned could happen. This time last year the authorities were implementing drought measures.

Sounds like Texas, where every flood ends with a drought, and every drought ends with a flood.

I was going to go to Kroger to get some BS chicken breasts, but din't leave the house. I like Kroger's Simple Choice breasts because they are individually cryo-vac sealed, so they can go straight into the freezer.

CD

This weeks new stuff:
Blueberries
Pears
Mango
Courgette
Peppers/paprika
Carrots
Taugé (or beansprouts)
Watercress
Yellow beetroot
Brussels sprouts
Cucumber
Oranges
Green beans
Purple cauliflower
Fresh chives
Vannila quark
Eggs (10)
Milk
Buffalo mozzarella
Cream cheese
Salted butter
Minced beef
Fresh salmon
Fish fingers
Stewing steak
Sushi rice
Whole wheat bread
Sugar-cinnamon bread (a Dutch traditional bread)
Sushi vinegar
Nori sheets
San Marzano tomatoes (canned)
Orange - whiskey marmalade
Panko bread crumbs
Jasmine tea
Taco shells
Black pepper
Apple cider

I forgot they sell eggs in the supermarket... :happy: That reminds me, got four quail eggs and two chicken eggs today *er, yesterday*)

rascal big envy, I love lemons and those look really good. We can't find Meyer lemons here in Portugal, I don't think I ever tasted one and I'm really curious about it.

We went to the international market a week or so ago and got peaches. MrsTasty said they were the best peaches she's had in a long time, so she wanted me to run down and get her some more and make a pie.

Got there, all the peaches gone. :(
However, they had four-packs of pints of Hobgoblin (UK) and Erdinger (Germany) on special for...wait for it...$2.99 a four-pack. :eek:

Yes, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom