What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving this thread!!!

I often travel 2 hours by car to stock up on Asian or Indian ingredients.

This week though I found longan at the Woolworths in Bathurst this week for $5kg!

EB4C08FB-E536-4CDA-B88B-E11906C249E3.jpeg

Last edited:
Longan is something I absolutely cannot stand. A friend of ours gave us some once. Craig thought it was good. Me, absolutely no freaking way. I don't normally have reactions to food like that, but just gives me shudders to even think about it.

It's grown here so it's obviously very popular in season. I don't mind it really.

Longan is something I absolutely cannot stand. A friend of ours gave us some once. Craig thought it was good. Me, absolutely no freaking way. I don't normally have reactions to food like that, but just gives me shudders to even think about it.

eyeballs...

I ate them as they were Morning Glory. They are a bit like the poor cousin of a lychee. My kids love lychee but not these. My kids say they taste like rockmelon/cantaloupe which my kids and OH hate.

What's the verdict?

I bought a 1.1kg wheel of Brie & a 1.2kg wheel of Camembert yesterday. They will be stashed in the fridge until the daughters 18th birthday bash the first Saturday in June.

What's the verdict?

My son ate them (the beetroot burgers) and declared 'good but a bit mushy'. I noticed yesterday they also sell a sweet potato vegan burger in the same range. It does seem to be a problem that most vegan/vege burgers tend towards being mushy.

There is a veggie burger made up of quite a few veggies in my Burger Meister cookbook. We have not tried this one because Craig is just not interested, but every other burger we have made out of the book has been outstanding. I'll get it out and look the actual ingredients up, then post the recipe if you are interested.

ingredients 1.jpg

I had been looking for buckwheat flour for a while, and finally managed to find some at a health food stall in the market, along with some assorted "exotic" mushrooms. The buckwheat flour was made into tagliatelle (80% buckwheat, 20% 00 flour plus water). The mushrooms were sauteed in butter along with garlic and a couple of anchovies. Griddled asparagus (it is in season here, so I'm making the most of it) was thrown in - all combined and topped off with lots of parmesan cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom