What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't today but last Friday. Excellent pork ribs from a butchers in a stall in the early evening market. Pick your own and the quantity of meat on each rib is far more than that on the ribs available at the supermarkets.

market_%2835%29.jpg

Currently marinating in char siu sauce; pictures tomorrow.

My wife bought some Morning Glory in the market this evening. It's getting dark now; I'll capture an image in the morning.

Had to go in and get a car headlight replaced, and since I was already in town, I hit the grocery whilst leaving. ("Town" is a good half hour away from home. So doubling or tripling up on errands is always useful here...)

Purchases (food):

1 grapefruit, one seriously huuuge lemon, two bananas, portabella mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, fresh spinach, frozen spinach, organic chicken drumsticks, two cans of black beans, one can of artichoke hearts, a small box of GF "red lentil Rotini pasta".

Most of the things purchased have a menu purpose: I am wanting to make Eggs Florentine Benedict in the near future, using Portabella or Cremini caps instead of the English muffins, and the Hollandaise from scratch. I am also plotting to create a good vegetarian burger around the frozen spinach and the black beans. Something my vegetarian friends can enjoy when I grill. (The ones local to me will eat eggs and cheese.) I was also hoping to find canned lentils, but apparently that's not a "thing" hereabouts.

The grapefruit, bananas, chicken, artichoke hearts, and faux Rotini were just simply splurges.

PS: I'm not needing to be gluten-free, I just tend to prefer to cook that way at home. But even here, it's not a hard and fast rule. It's just how I do some of my personal cooking challenges.

The grapefruit, bananas, chicken, artichoke hearts, and faux Rotini were just simply splurges.

Sounds like you need to check out the Frugal or profligate? thread!

I also bought tinned artichokes this week (as well as fresh ones). I have craving for them.

Your 'basket' sounds right up my street!

Sounds like you need to check out the Frugal or profligate? thread!

I also bought tinned artichokes this week (as well as fresh ones). I have craving for them.

Your 'basket' sounds right up my street!

Not sure what will happen to the canned artichokes. They may end up in a salad, or I may cook them with pasta and cheese and onion. Shall see.
Checking out the thread you mentioned.

Had to go in and get a car headlight replaced, and since I was already in town, I hit the grocery whilst leaving. ("Town" is a good half hour away from home. So doubling or tripling up on errands is always useful here...)

Purchases (food):

1 grapefruit, one seriously huuuge lemon, two bananas, portabella mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, fresh spinach, frozen spinach, organic chicken drumsticks, two cans of black beans, one can of artichoke hearts, a small box of GF "red lentil Rotini pasta".

Most of the things purchased have a menu purpose: I am wanting to make Eggs Florentine Benedict in the near future, using Portabella or Cremini caps instead of the English muffins, and the Hollandaise from scratch. I am also plotting to create a good vegetarian burger around the frozen spinach and the black beans. Something my vegetarian friends can enjoy when I grill. (The ones local to me will eat eggs and cheese.) I was also hoping to find canned lentils, but apparently that's not a "thing" hereabouts.

PS: I'm not needing to be gluten-free, I just tend to prefer to cook that way at home. But even here, it's not a hard and fast rule. It's just how I do some of my personal cooking challenges.

I think you would like Indian cooking. They use lentils for great dishes. I love a chana dhal curry.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom