What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we crossed the North Sea (in 1992), the funny/embarrassing thing that happened to us was that neither one of us had ever seen or ever even heard of a duvet. Quilts...bedspreads...blankets...covers, sure - but not a duvet.

Do you still not get them in the USA? I've been using duvets for as long as I can remember or at least since they became popular here (the 70's?).

I'm fine with that - its white chocolate I can't stand!

My wife occasionally buys ice cream from the mobile motor cycle vendor. She is prone to buying a "Magnum" for me from time to time and depositing it n the freezer to be eaten by me at some later date (possibly 3 to 4 weeks later). One time she bought me a white chocolate Magnum. I couldn't eat that - she ate it.

I really like all kinds of liquorice and I like salt a lot too - so its fine for me!

I'd kill for some of these!

pontefract_2176898k[1].jpg

Ok, i know you're first thought are what!

But they are all for making home-made dairy free cheeses. The first, Irish moss, I've no idea about. Never used it before but my excellent American cookbook for nut cheeses raves about it and until I can compare with and without... the next is for my favourite mature cashew nut cheese... and finally the last on the right is again for the cookbook. She raves about it, states not to use ones with multiple different bugs and of course because of my allergy I can't have probiotics that are grown on dairy, which is 99.9999999% of them. So all of this has come from America!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you still not get them in the USA? I've been using duvets for as long as I can remember or at least since they became popular here (the 70's?).
Yeah, we have them here now, actual things labeled "duvet" and you have to buy a coverlet for it as well.

That's what threw us off, because we were thinking, "Why does this down comforter [something we're very familiar with] have this cover attached to it? Do we get inside it? This doesn't make any sense!" :laugh:

Went to the European sausage place Saturday. We got weisswurst, knackwurst, bratwurst and 2 other kinds, but Craig can't remember what we got. We also got a jar of imported cornichons, whew fancy. :D I was wandering around the store so wasn't paying attention to what he was getting, other than telling him I wanted the weisswurst. He overbought a bit, so I wrapped them individually and put them in the freezer as we tasted the sauerkraut and it's not quite ready yet. We'll have half of the sausages at a time. We also got some freshly baked rye bread, which also ended up going in the freezer. They'll all be part of our German charceuterie board later in the week with a few other things.

Today the only thing I obtained was a pack of Aldi frozen oven chips. Now that is mundane. Do you have frozen oven chips in the USA? I expect you do - that is probably why we have them here!

Yes, we do. I still deep fry mine. We also have ALDI stores. There are two of them within five miles of my home. I'm not a big fan, but a lot of people are.

CD

I need to go shopping, but didn't have time/motivation today. I did go grab some tortillas, because I ran out, and I must have tortillas at all times. :okay:

CD

Can of creamed corn on the way home, hanging out for corn fritters. Couple of bucks for a can and I'm happy.
No one else here likes it so its my bonus.

Russ

What I bought at the weekend

Cauliflower are sold by head, so this giant was one to get for sure (1.85kg! for $4 (about £2))

The onion is a new one on me (and the cashier who in desperation have it to us free, instead of $1). It's the first time I've seen them. Their label was "onion, salad". I'm at a loss. (Edit: it's a white salad onion The Fruits of Life)

And meet "Qukes" a way of getting healthy snacks into kids. Baby cucumbers (that little lot was reduced to $2 (£1) so I treated myself). They are the latest craze here .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom