What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchases today. Mind, I went in for two things, corned beef and beets:

About the beets...loose beets were .99¢ a pound. I got three, 14oz. I looked at the receipt when I got home and I was charged...wait for it...nearly $6US! Why? The idiot cashier tallied them as chestnuts! 🤦🏻‍♂️

I also want to point out that little jar just to the left of the coffee. It's from Italy, and it's cookie butter and Nutella in the same jar. 😍

A fillet of halibut and a couple of cans of tuna imported from Spain that we like. We usually order from Amazon and we'll be doing that from now on. They weren't marked but I figured they couldn't be much more than what we pay on Amazon and hopefully a little less since no shipping. WRONG! They were $10 a can.

:eek: I hope the halibut was more reasonable. Its very expensive here.

Halibut is expensive here too, especially fresh, never frozen. This was a high-faluten place in a ritzy part of town. The person we heard about it from is a chef on a yacht and this place also does yacht provisioning. They had hand picked jumbo lump crab meat, never frozen or pasteurized at $33 or $34 a pound. Our lunch was $61 including just over 20% tip for 8 oysters, 1 ceaser salad, the conch fritters and cracked conch. Fried Ipswich clams, 8 oz/half a pound, were over $30. Craig thought about that, but decided to pass.

Edited to add: Actually, I take that back about our lunch cost as I pulled the receipts from yesterday and today out of my purse.. That was WITHOUT tip. We left $12 for the waiter, so it was $73.

Last edited:
Craig stayed home today, as he has 24-plus reports to write. We decided to go out for brunch and swing by the Italian market and the Latin market on the way home. Italian market purchase of pencil thin asparagus, dandelion greens, red pears, nduja and aloha bell peppers.

Latin market was about 3 pounds of ox tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom