What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you can make some boudin!

It's all gone. 20 minutes!

Our dogs, a couple a strays, and half a dozen neighbour's dogs.

I wouldn't have a clue how to make boudin anyway.

Picked up some blood oranges and bone-in pork shoulder for $0.88/pound for ground pork. Figured since Craig got some beef knuckles at Restaurant Depot to break down to grind, beef stew meat, roasts, might as well grind some pork too since the grinder will already be in use. Normal grocery shopping otherwise.

My ingredients purchased today:
groceries 01-25-.jpg

More or less clockwise, and spiraling in.
Low sodium boxed veggie broth. Phyllo pastry dough. Pro-biotic full fat organic yogurt. Puff pastry. Multi-colored carrots with greens (the greens will go to the chickens later today). Scallions/green onions. Boneless lamb. Cucumber. Grocery-made spanakopita. Pomegranate seeds. Avocados. Bone-in chicken legs both parts. Grapefruit. Cilantro.

I did something I rarely do - bought a load o meat at Kroger, but they had chuck roasts on buy-one-get-one, so I just got all my meat at Kroger's today.

It always fascinates me what is classed as a large egg. Here in Aus,12 eggs are large if they weigh 700g. That's only 58g per egg.
Your packet is similar at 680g for 12 eggs (56g per egg).

I get told that my eggs (as in the ones my chickens lay) are small but very tasty. Yet each are of my eggs except for the bantams is over 60g (The bantam eggs are roughly 30g each). So despite weighing more (and obviously being fresher so holding more water) they are apparently smaller! How do people judge?

It always fascinates me what is classed as a large egg. Here in Aus,12 eggs are large if they weigh 700g. That's only 58g per egg.
Your packet is similar at 680g for 12 eggs (56g per egg).

I get told that my eggs (as in the ones my chickens lay) are small but very tasty. Yet each are of my eggs except for the bantams is over 60g (The bantam eggs are roughly 30g each). So despite weighing more (and obviously being fresher so holding more water) they are apparently smaller! How do people judge?
Ok, I'm about to boil three eggs from a 680g pack, so I chose what looked the largest, the smallest, and one in the middle. This was out of an opened pack, so I chose from eight eggs.

Smallest - 54g
Middle - 58g
Largest - 65g

Now you know I'm going to end up weighing all the other eggs! :)

Ok, the dozen I just bought - the smallest egg is 55g, the largest is 66g. However, I weighed all 12, and my 680g carton of eggs (weighing just the eggs, obvs) weighs in at a hefty 726g.

You have now started something - I'm holding off until tomorrow... but then the egg weighing starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom