What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drinking tea is yet one more good opportunity to talk to other people for no reason whatsoever -- a lot like sitting at a bar.

I was at a Concours d'Elegance once, and the magazine I art directed was a sponsor. It was chilly and foggy in the early morning, so I sat down in the sponsor's lounge (at a country club), and a couple asks to join me. I looked up, and it was Sir Stirling Moss and his wife, Lady Moss. I got to chat with a racing legend over tea for a good 20-30 minutes.

Afterwards, I had a major caffeine buzz and was telling everyone I know, "you won't believe what just happened."

CD

Sun dried tomatoes and dried oregano = I’m making a bread with the addition of them...

Drinking tea is yet one more good opportunity to talk to other people for no reason whatsoever -- a lot like sitting at a bar.

I was at a Concours d'Elegance once, and the magazine I art directed was a sponsor. It was chilly and foggy in the early morning, so I sat down in the sponsor's lounge (at a country club), and a couple asks to join me. I looked up, and it was Sir Stirling Moss and his wife, Lady Moss. I got to chat with a racing legend over tea for a good 20-30 minutes.

Afterwards, I had a major caffeine buzz and was telling everyone I know, "you won't believe what just happened."

CD

Brilliant, days before selfies I suppose? It's amazing who you can meet by chance!

Russ

Brilliant, days before selfies I suppose? It's amazing who you can meet by chance!

Russ

I can't imagine myself asking Sir Stirling Moss to do a selfie with me in that setting -- he was having tea with his wife. Later in the day, he was signing autographs and he signed one of my magazine covers with a Jag C-Type on it,

CD

I can't imagine myself asking Sir Stirling Moss to do a selfie with me in that setting -- he was having tea with his wife. Later in the day, he was signing autographs and he signed one of my magazine covers with a Jag C-Type on it,

CD

Many. many years ago at Silverstone (before selfies), I pointed out Jackie Stewart to my (then 12 year old} son and suggested that he ask Jackie to sign our programme. After pushing another boy out of the way he did and Jackie obliged. Watching the TV later we found out that the kid he had pushed aside was Prince William.

CD

I have a friend who just sold his e type. Bought it in the uk 30 years ago and shipped it back to nz.

Russ

Id love all of those biscuits with my cup of tea in the morning.

Russ
The shortbread ones are mine, the others are the wife's. She usually also gets some Thin Mints, but she skipped those today. No doubt they'll end up in the house at some point.

They used to sell these big shortbread cookies, with lemon icing on them, that I loved (I think they were called Wagon Wheels), but they were available here for one year only and then disappeared.

Each box costs $5US. This time of year, there are always gangs of Girl Scouts crowding around every storefront and place of business imaginable, plus, anyone at work with a kid in Girl Scouts sells them at work. It's actually a bit annoying at times, because the girls (and their parents) can be rather aggressive with it. I've been cussed at, had my manhood challenged, and threatened with physical violence over the years for not buying cookies. Those Girl Scouts are tough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom