What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So complicated! Here we can order anything from anywhere in the UK and I think. Europe. It never occurred to me that this wasn't the case in the US.

You apparently don't have the same influence of bible-thumpers, there. I can't buy ANY spirits in my town (except by the drink in restaurants). I have to go to one of the adjacent towns that allows liquor stores. Not that it matters for me, anymore. :mad:

CD

We visited the inner sanctum of the church of the Latter day deconstructed chicken and turkey. Pastor Parsons Nose of the free range flock was serving. I bought two turkey thigh that are on the Weber Alter as we speak, One will be tonight's repast cold with salad, the other my brethren will have a damascene conversion to the church of England titular heads favorite scoff Coronation Chicken but with turkey. Her Madge love a lot of sultana's so I will leave them out and use raisins.
Pic 1 Chicken.
Pic 2/3 Turkey
Pic 4 Smoked Turkey bits and bobs
Pic 5 Smoke Turkey and Pork sausages, Dalmatian pancetta ( the region not the dog )

The liquor store (either Winn-Dixie or Total Wines and Spirits) opens everyday at 9:00 AM. Except on Xmas day. We used to have that religious rule regarding buying beer and liquor before noon on Sunday, but folks got smart.

The liquor store (either Winn-Dixie or Total Wines and Spirits) opens everyday at 9:00 AM. Except on Xmas day. We used to have that religious rule regarding buying beer and liquor before noon on Sunday, but folks got smart.
I can live with just about any rule, it's just the blasted inconsistency that drives me nuts.

I'd just gone to Kroger one Sunday morning, bought some wine as part of my order. Right across the street sat Sam's Club. I ducked into Sam's for some paper towels or whatever, and noticed a big super-sized box of Sam Adams beer, a 30-pack, at a great price. I grabbed that.

Got to checkout, "You can't buy that until noon."

"Bull! I just came from Kroger and bought wine!"

"Yeah, that's Kroger. They have an exemption, because they sell more alcohol than we do. We don't sell enough alcohol, so we can't sell that until noon."

You know...maybe they didn't sell enough alcohol because...wait for it...they weren't allowed to sell alcohol before noon! Seriously, no sense at all, except to favor one retailer over the other.

Chick-fil-A was seeking to get into stadiums as a vendor. Most professional football games are played on Sunday. Why would a stadium want to lease vendor space to a vendor that is closed on Sunday? I'm sure the stadium also shares in the profits as well.

Here's what I picked up today:

Eggs
Milk
Butter
American cheese
Turkey lunchmeat
Whole fryer chicken
Dog food
Pretzels
Nuts
OJ
Crackers
Bar sugar
Green grapes
Bread flour
AP flour
Olive oil
Lettuce
Veg broth
Noodles
Split peas
Apples
Shallots
Russet potatoes
Bananas
Crusty rolls

Additionally, I found three pounds of 80/20 ground beef in my order that I neither ordered nor was charged for. I called them about returning it, but due to the pandemic, they're not accepting returns, so happy birthday and merry Christmas to me, I suppose. However, it's Kroger-branded meat, the cheap stuff they sell in the plastic tubes - the last time I had that (at my brother's house), I found bone fragments in it.

I'll patty it up, freeze it, and by the time I remember it's in there, I'll forget that it came from Kroger and I'll be happy about it. :laugh:

Oh, I also picked up three kinds of tomatoes from the organic farmer dude around the corner from my house - cherry tomatoes, and some mid-sized ones that'll great stuffed or with my breakfast, and some large ones for slicing.

You apparently don't have the same influence of bible-thumpers, there. I can't buy ANY spirits in my town (except by the drink in restaurants). I have to go to one of the adjacent towns that allows liquor stores. Not that it matters for me, anymore. :mad:

CD
I've never understood where this anti-alcohol position came from. I very much doubt that it doesn't originate in the Bible though. I believe the official biblical position is that alcohol is good when it promotes happiness and well being, but not when it results in drunkenness. Seems reasonable to me. Wine is even served as part of Communion - "blood of Christ" and all that. I think your bible thumpers need to start reading the bible, instead of thumping it. Also the bit about camels and the eye of a needle.

However, it's Kroger-branded meat, the cheap stuff they sell in the plastic tubes - the last time I had that (at my brother's house), I found bone fragments in it.
...and while separating the meat into portions, I pulled a bone fragment the size of a BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom