What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one serious list. That would last us a month. So much cheese. Glad to see kiwi produce there. Funny, I grew up calling them Chinese gooseberries, then the marketers got hold of it. Do you get the yellow ones there.?

Russ

I have never seen a yellow kiwi.

BTW: FarmFoods is here in the San Francisco Bay Area and ship free using FedEx or UPS for free on orders of $99 USD or more. And they guarantee that the products will arrive frozen or money refunded.

Farmfoods may be here in the San Francisco Bay Area, but the product shipped from Kansas City, KS, and not overnight. It arrives tomorrow, supposedly, after 2 to 3 days and I am worried.

Farmfoods may be here in the San Francisco Bay Area, but the product shipped from Kansas City, KS, and not overnight. It arrives tomorrow, supposedly, after 2 to 3 days and I am worried.
If it was shipped in a good container with dry ice, it should still be okay. Just check their website for what needs to.be done in case of issues before you accept delivery just in case.

If it was shipped in a good container with dry ice, it should still be okay. Just check their website for what needs to.be done in case of issues before you accept delivery just in case.

The package is now at the final shipper destination and I will definitely get it tomorrow. But they will just drop it at the door. I won't have a choice about accepting or refusing the shipment.

My fingers are crossed.

I am still waiting for UPS to deliver this perishable food item. They notified it was out for delivery at 08:40am this morning and it is now 03:27pm. It has been on the road since 07:49pm on June 7th. Today is the 10th. Don't these people have any sense when it comes to delivering perishables?
It's a near 80F day out there!

My guess is they're going to deliver a leaking box and mess up the hallway outside my door and not give a damn.

I am still waiting for UPS to deliver this perishable food item. They notified it was out for delivery at 08:40am this morning and it is now 03:27pm. It has been on the road since 07:49pm on June 7th. Today is the 10th. Don't these people have any sense when it comes to delivering perishables?
It's a near 80F day out there!

My guess is they're going to deliver a leaking box and mess up the hallway outside my door and not give a damn.

Finally received! The dry ice was all melted, but the product, amazingly, was all still frozen solid.

Glad it was okay. But, BTW, dry ice doesn't melt, as its normal state is gas and that's what it reverts to when not forced into a solid frozen state.

I had the same thought. Dry ice doesn't melt, it evaporates. Does that make us geeks? :laugh:

CD

Glad it was okay. But, BTW, dry ice doesn't melt, as its normal state is gas and that's what it reverts to when not forced into a solid frozen state.

Yes, I am aware that dry ice vaporizes. But I do refer to it as melting.

I was in Kroger today, and the strawberries actually smelled like strawberries, so I bought some. WhoHoo! Red all the way through and sweet. Strawberry season has begun!

CD
Yeey!
We get strawb stands all over the city these days,from local farms.
Last night I walked home from the train station. Picked up two 500 g containers of fresh strawbs, and ate 1/4 of it while walking...
They were dark red,super juicy,it was so enjoyable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom