What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear like a trooper and when angry have been known to construct whole sentences from swear words apart from the odd pronoun or preposition. My parents didn't swear at all.

We are off topic and I'm aiding and abetting it..
It seems that it inspires offspring to do the opposite on both sides then

In my entire 60 years, I never heard my my dad use any profanity. A few rare times, my mom did.

When I was driving from Florida to Houston with my dad about 20 years ago, a big U-Haul rental truck almost rolled 20 feet in front of us -- all the right side tires were off the ground. I shouted "OH SH*T!" My dad looked at me like I had just insulted god and all the angels in heaven.

My thought was, "We narrowly escaped a possibly fatal accident." His thought was apparently, "My son just said 'sh*t.'"

CD
My dad, the AF pilot who served in 3 wars, was the same. I never even heard a "dammit" or "hell" out of his mouth. My mother more than made up for it. I take after her in that manner.

I rarely use cursing words, if ever, I must be really mad if I do, like in front of Igor, when he did not get his promised bonus, just the f word,in English.
He says his work enviroment is a curse one, he uses a lot of *d and all variations of other...but never in front of me.

My daughter does not, either. To my knowledge.

When I am mildly aggravated, i use, fully aware of it, a funny curse which is not a curse, like, 'for the sake of all thorns', or 'to a thousand green tulips' or other plant, or 'to sparrow' instead of to Hell...

If I am surprised and saddened, I would use 'oh God', which I probably should not, but it slips out.
Yes, I call people barbarians or Neanderthals too when very agrravated and otherwise say the same kind of things as you do

Yes, I call people barbarians or Neanderthals too when very agrravated and otherwise say the same kind of things as you do
I think I understand what you mean.
Cursing, at least here, does generally come off as very rough. A single f word does not, in particular if the person does not put much energy into it and it is sort of washed off...but it is taken far better, without...

Right!
F**?##!!X:o_o:XXX:eek:S&&[*!! K¿QQ//:##!!:wacky::wacky::o_o::o_o::yuck::yuck::yuck:
Back on topic.
I bought some mushrooms and sour cream - guess what we´re making today?
I also bought some fettucine, mascarpone... and I´ve got some Atlantic salmon in the fridge. Guess what I´m making?
I also bought a huge tin of baked beans for $1 - because the tin was dented.
I think next time I´ll see if there are any tins of pâté de foie gras, so I can surreptitiously drop them on the floor....
And last but not least, a chunk of proper Parmigiano - the stuff that was in the fridge, in a plastic pot, is an aberration, nay, an insult to Italian food.

I'm from the other side of the tracks. and grew up in hockey arenas, so, cursing is pretty normal, although I can control myself in mixed company..rarely in front of my kids unless I am quoting somebody or just joking around....but, I am more likely to swear with my pals/band etc.....My father was French and he didn't speak English well, and I don't know why, but when he was angry or frustrated he would repeat the swear word multiple times..my siblings and I still swear this way with each other for a good laugh.

Son of a b***,.. of a b***,.. of a b***...!!!! And, so on...

I think I understand what you mean.
Cursing, at least here, does generally come off as very rough. A single f word does not, in particular if the person does not put much energy into it and it is sort of washed off...but it is taken far better, without...
I was thinking about what I told my kids when they were young, that's more in the delivery and intent of a word than whether or not it's a "curse" word or not (although I advised them not to use any bad words in school or around other adults or they would be in trouble). Any word said in a mean manner can be insulting and hurtful, IMO.

When my youngest was about 7, she was rhyming words one day, and she said, "Duck, luck, muck..." Yeah, you knew what came next. Her sisters made a big deal of it, gasping and admonishing her, and she started crying. I asked her where she heard that word (I didn't cuss in front of them beyond a "dammit" or "hell" occasionally). She tearfully explained that she didn't even know it was a word and was just rhyming and it came out. And now put a few drinks or glasses of wine in her and when discussing certain situations (or people), out comes the expletives!

Blue baby celebration chocolate

In the Netherlands it's traditional to eat rusk with candied aniseeds in blue or pink when a baby is born.
I just found out that the bakery sells chocolate disks topped with candied aniseeds in pink or blue and decided to try some. I think it's a delicious combo!

And no baby plans here folks, sorry 😅

I was thinking about what I told my kids when they were young, that's more in the delivery and intent of a word than whether or not it's a "curse" word or not (although I advised them not to use any bad words in school or around other adults or they would be in trouble). Any word said in a mean manner can be insulting and hurtful, IMO.

When my youngest was about 7, she was rhyming words one day, and she said, "Duck, luck, muck..." Yeah, you knew what came next. Her sisters made a big deal of it, gasping and admonishing her, and she started crying. I asked her where she heard that word (I didn't cuss in front of them beyond a "dammit" or "hell" occasionally). She tearfully explained that she didn't even know it was a word and was just rhyming and it came out. And now put a few drinks or glasses of wine in her and when discussing certain situations (or people), out comes the expletives!
Yes, that is a different situation😄...definitely ,we differentiate as adults between such innocent incidents and real cursing. Sometimes, in adolescence, as you well know, it is a matter of being like the enviroment. However, that I discourage in my daughter too. If they smoke or curse or do not write homeworks, by no means she needs to blend in.

I bought yoghurt, basmati rice, coconut milk, butter, more butter ( cos I´d forgotten I´d bought it in the other supermarket),coconut flakes, carrots, paprika, cayenne pepper, chickpeas, dried milk, garlic and mangoes.
Curry night on Saturday so I´m making:
Butter Chicken; Pork Vindaloo; Shrimp Kerala; Chickpea dhal; Potatoes and Tomatoes with coconut; Baingan ka Salaan ( you can look that one up:laugh::laugh:); Carrots with a yoghurt sauce; Rice; homemade Naan; Mango chutney; Gulab Jamun.
And whatever else occurs to me in the next two days:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom