What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE new HEB store in Frisco just opened last week. I've been waiting. Kroger is going to have to get's it's 💩 together, or they are going to be in trouble in Frisco.

The waiting line to get in the store (only took about 15 minutes)...

HEBCrowd.jpg

HECMeat.jpg

HEBAgedMeat.jpg

HEBCrabs.jpg

HEBSeafood.jpg

CD

Bought the parsnips in an ALDI supermarket this morning. On the left, weighing in at £0.69 per 500 gms, ($0.79 for 1.1 lbs) "parsnips". On the right, weighing in at £0.49 per 500 gms ($0. 56 for 1.1 lbs) "wonky" parsnips.
Personal rant: I don´t really see anything severly "wonky" about the parsnips on the right, so why do I have to put up with perfectly formed "Barbie" parsnips which cost 20p more? They all taste the same! And why in Heaven´s name do they have to come in a perfectly formed 500 gm plastic bag? Why can´t I just pick out the ones I want??:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

And why in Heaven´s name do they have to come in a perfectly formed 500 gm plastic bag? Why can´t I just pick out the ones I want??:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
All the parsnips here at Kroger are sold loose, $1.49/lb. Here are two I’m using today (one’s already been chopped):

I think parsnips are already wonky, so I’d have a hard time telling the difference, too.

My wife bought three pomegranates from the market this evening. She was told they were seedless. She asked "are you sure because if you are they'll be empty!" I'll cut one open in the morning and see.

[Edit]

They don't appear any different to the pomegranates that I've always known.

Last edited:
View attachment 91085
A new-to-us cheese, I adore Tillamook Cheese!
This was exceptional, we had a small nimble, just for quality check dont'cha'ya know
I buy their block cheese now and again, and it’s excellent, but their shredded cheese is horrible - all you can taste is the powdery anti-caking stuff they use.

I also like their butter, though I usually buy Vital Farms, because it’s got just a bit more butterfat.

I buy their block cheese now and again, and it’s excellent, but their shredded cheese is horrible - all you can taste is the powdery anti-caking stuff they use.

I also like their butter, though I usually buy Vital Farms, because it’s got just a bit more butterfat.
I stopped buying any pre-shredded cheese long ago.
I've never tried Tillamook's Butter before ... their yogurt is heavenly by the by :soup:
Years ago, DH and I took the factory tour at Tillamook. I understand a few years back they opened a new facility, I'd love to go back!

Boy, you said it caseydog !!
This little 7ounce brick of cheese was about $8usd !!!
The non-Farmers' Collection 15 month aged extra sharp cheddar Tillamook is about $5 at Wally-World, but I must say, this Farmers' Collection is divine! It almost crumbles like a well aged Parmesan.
For years, DH insisted that he did not care for Cheddar Cheese, I've changed his mind :happy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom