What Restaurant Chain do you think serves the best food?

I've only had very limited experiences with restaurant chains so far in my life, but I'm DYING to try places like Red Lobster or In-n-out and 5 guys burgers. I hear it's pretty much gourmet fast food over in the States.

We don't eat out much, but I do like to go to Red Lobster. I've tried cooking lobster at home, but it cost almost as much as a restaurant meal and it was a pain in the fanny. So I'd rather go to Red Lobster. The food is good and I don't have to mess with the lobster tail, they've removed it from the shell and I can dig right in. Not to mention the crab and shrimp and the combination plates available. I've learned to make their garlic cheese biscuits at home, but theirs are somehow better.

Ruby Tuesdays. I've never had any complaint from any of their meals. Outback Steakhouse is another. Failing that, any mainstream Chinese Buffer (Imperials Chinese Buffer) and things like that.

Here's a pick of why I say Ruby:

20070212-Ultimate_Colossal_Burger_Pics_2.jpg

You can taste yourself dying with eat grease soaked bite. AND it comes with a steak knife down through the middle, keeping the giant monster together. One of the most fattest meals I've ever eaten. Loved eat bite.
MMMM !!! Now that is what I CALL a burger - but how do you actually manage to eat it ?:eek:

I really don't eat much in chains. But tomorrow we are all going to Pizza Express (as mentioned by @SatNavSaysStraightOn ), to celebrate my daughter's birthday. The meal won't actually cost me anything at all! The reason being that I've just exchanged £25 Tesco vouchers (accrued free by shopping at Tescos) for £100 of Pizza Express vouchers. Its really a brilliant deal. You get four times the face value of the vouchers. Tesco do this for a number of other chains too. So, I'm thinking that £100, which is about 150 US dollars I think, will happily feed the five of us. I've always liked their pizzas and remember going to one of the first Pizza Expresses in Wardour Street, London. They always seem to take over interesting old buildings and convert them sympathetically. I think they were the first pizza restaurant in the UK, circa 1965. I'm sure that pizza restaurants have been around even longer in America.

MMMM !!! Now that is what I CALL a burger - but how do you actually manage to eat it ?:eek:

The answer is very simple: very slowly, and with the help of that knife that keeps it altogether.

By halfway done with the sandwich I was feeling bloated. Now imagine that burger, a plate of fries and a coke - if you finish it in under 10 minutes you get the price of the meal free. Oh, eating tournaments.

From everywhere I've lived...

In Japan, I would say either Sukiya or Coco's Curry (Japanese curry is awesome!)
In Australia, Grill'd or Nandos. Both have delicious burgers and chips.
In USA, Chipotle all the way. Burrito Bowls!! Oh how I miss them!

I absolutely love Black Eyed Pea. I'm surprised to notice that they're only mentioning Texas and Tennessee locations, because I've been to one in Virginia before, but it's been years. I've tried several of their dishes over the years, but what I usually get is the grilled pork chops, with a double side of squash...mmm mmm good. I also love their rolls and cornbread, and sometimes I'll do a double order, so I can have leftovers, even though I always do anyway, since it comes with two pork chops, and I can only eat one. http://www.theblackeyedpea.com/menu/texas/appetizers/

I cannot say as of now and I'm having a hard time thinking simply because there are too many good restaurants here. Not the fine dining though but the ordinary restaurants here like the Mexican Pollo Loco, the American Kenny Rogers, the Spanish Tapas and Japanese, Chinese, and even Korean, there's a lot of good eateries to choose from. So when we go out to eat, we would always choose where to eat before we leave home. It's not good to waste time in thinking of where to eat when there are lots to choose from.

I live in the UK and the Harvester chain of pub/ restaurants is by far my favourite. I am not sure if this is a chain you have in the US? It is reasonably priced with a varied menu. One of my favourite things about it is the free salad bar. You can get a free salad bowl with every main course and it doesn't just consist of lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes. There are rice and pasta salads, cous cous, bread rolls, a range of salad dressings and many other items to choose from. The children's menu is just as good as the adult menus

P. J. Tierney, father of the modern diner, died of indigestion in 1917 after eating at a diner.

Back
Top Bottom