What size pie dish?

Wyshiepoo

Veteran
Local time
2:05 PM
Does anyone know of a way to calculate what size pie dish would be needed?
Most recipes are helpful and specify 9" 20cm whatever. But some just say "whack it in a pie dish." Guesstimating doesn't always work and I find I have another half pies worth of filling left over. Or at the opposite end you can find that the filling looks tiny in a too large dish.
Something that would suggest for instance that for 2lbs of filling a 25cm pie dish should be used would be ideal.
Or does anyone here have a rule of thumb?

Does anyone know of a way to calculate what size pie dish would be needed?
Most recipes are helpful and specify 9" 20cm whatever. But some just say "whack it in a pie dish." Guesstimating doesn't always work and I find I have another half pies worth of filling left over. Or at the opposite end you can find that the filling looks tiny in a too large dish.
Something that would suggest for instance that for 2lbs of filling a 25cm pie dish should be used would be ideal.
Or does anyone here have a rule of thumb?

I don't think judging by weight can work since different ingredients weigh relatively more or less. The only sensible way to do it is by volume.

I think ultimately I'll just have to look at other recipes and try to compare recipes so that I use the same sized pie dish for similar recipes.

Back
Top Bottom