What Suitable Device do you use for BBQ?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
12:06 PM
I live in a housing development, so we are not allowed to cook outdoors at all. So we have to cook INDOORS. We have to use EITHER the stove's oven or one of THESE;

I live in a housing development, so we are not allowed to cook outdoors at all. So we have to cook INDOORS. We have to use EITHER the stove's oven or one of THESE; View attachment 88297
View attachment 88298
View attachment 88299
View attachment 88300
That stinks they won't let you grill. My nephew and his wife just bought and moved into a new housing development, no issues with grilling outside. The only people I know who can't grill outside live in apartments. We grill outside on a propane grill, nothing fancy. Sometimes I make steaks or other typically grilled foods in a cast iron skillet in the oven.

That stinks they won't let you grill. My nephew and his wife just bought and moved into a new housing development, no issues with grilling outside. The only people I know who can't grill outside live in apartments. We grill outside on a propane grill, nothing fancy. Sometimes I make steaks or other typically grilled foods in a cast iron skillet in the oven.

Most housing developments frown up at cookouts for fear that a fire might get started. Or that a fight might break out. And you have to obey the rules. If not, that's a strike against you! :ninja::stop::headshake:

Most housing developments frown up at cookouts for fear that a fire might get started. Or that a fight might break out. And you have to obey the rules. If not, that's a strike against you! :ninja::stop::headshake:
I guess it must vary a lot from state to state. In Ohio no one raises an eyebrow about a cookout unless it's at an apartment complex on the outside deck or patio. Even in Texas where my middle daughter lives (in an apartment), they have common grounds with grills away from the apartment buildings where people can have cookouts.

I guess it must vary a lot from state to state. In Ohio no one raises an eyebrow about a cookout unless it's at an apartment complex on the outside deck or patio. Even in Texas where my middle daughter lives (in an apartment), they have common grounds with grills away from the apartment buildings where people can have cookouts.

I may be wrong, but I think GadgetGuy lives in an apartment. Perhaps he is referring to the open common areas within the complex.

Many years ago, when I lived in apartments, my neighbors and I would set up a grill near the pool and cook up some burgers on a regular basis. Lots of beer (in cans -- no glass near the pool), too. Maybe the fights are a Boston thing. :bbq: :cheers::ninja:

CD

I may be wrong, but I think GadgetGuy lives in an apartment. Perhaps he is referring to the open common areas within the complex.

Many years ago, when I lived in apartments, my neighbors and I would set up a grill near the pool and cook up some burgers on a regular basis. Lots of beer (in cans -- no glass near the pool), too. Maybe the fights are a Boston thing. :bbq: :cheers::ninja:

CD
Okay then, I guess that the term "housing development" to me means a neighborhood of houses. Apartment complexes are just that, as are townhomes, condominimums, etc.

CD

I DO live in an apt. And speaking of bottles & cans, no beer or liquor is allowed. Fights are everywhere, especially with all those shootings!! :mad::ninja::stop::thumbsdown:

Okay then, I guess that the term "housing development" to me means a neighborhood of houses. Apartment complexes are just that, as are townhomes, condominiums, etc.

Usually, a housing development is one or more buildings about 5 to 8 floors. :whistling:

I DO live in an apt. And speaking of bottles & cans, no beer or liquor is allowed. Fights are everywhere, especially with all those shootings!! :mad::ninja::stop::thumbsdown:

While we are way off topic, I used an (unintentional?) clue you left to find your apartment complex on Google Maps/Street View. Nice looking place. Certainly doesn't look like a bad neighborhood.

CD

Usually, a housing development is one or more buildings about 5 to 8 floors. :whistling:

Not here. Like JAS_OH1 said, a housing development in Texas is usually a neighborhood of single-family homes.

Uh oh, is that MG's Modcopter I hear hovering?

CD

I am hoping that they mean no beer or liquor allowed outside, but that seems extreme to me. I love sitting outside with friends with a cocktail or beer in hand. And a grill fired up if I so choose to do so! At least in the common areas away from the buildings.

I am hoping that they mean no beer or liquor allowed outside, but that seems extreme to me.
The very first retirement park in PA we looked at had a “no alcohol, no tobacco, no way, no where, period!” policy.

Granted, it was a Mennonite-owned park, but that was a big, fat no. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom