What time do you like to eat dinner?

My grandparents (father's side) retired to South Florida, home of the "Earlybird Special." When I visited, they would take me out to dinner one evening, usually at Red Lobster, and we would have to be there for the Earlybird Specials.

They had a very rigid meal schedule. My parents do, too.

CD
My daughter gets dinner ready for 6 p.m. sharp on weekdays. She's a teacher and the school is about 10 minutes walk away from her house so it's easier for her to start cooking before she starts marking homework, etc. One of my granddaughters still goes to that school (she left, and then went back). My other granddaughter works now and both she and her father have to tread very carefully if they are going to be late home.

Yep, given I'm already on omeprazole routinely, usually only daily but sometimes twice daily, i just point blank refused when there are several other treatments available in Australia. (They have me the look that said 'xyz acid' is from the dark ages, there see much better treatments available). They settled on the yearly IV infusion as being the best option for me because at the time we were still returning to the UK and it is the only other option available on the NHS (The NHS just don't like telling you that there is an alternative! )

I am fortunate that my medications don't affect my eating schedule. I have esophageal and stomach varices (just like dad and grandpa before me), and take Pantoprazole. I take one per day, and have had no side effects.

CD

I am fortunate that my medications don't affect my eating schedule. I have esophageal and stomach varices (just like dad and grandpa before me), and take Pantoprazole. I take one per day, and have had no side effects.

CD
Sadly my tracheamalacia is a side effect of spending 6 days on life support 2 years ago after contacting double pneumonia. 12 days on ICU in total. Guess it's better than the alternative! I can't complain.

My grandparents (father's side) retired to South Florida, home of the "Earlybird Special." When I visited, they would take me out to dinner one evening, usually at Red Lobster, and we would have to be there for the Earlybird Specials.

They had a very rigid meal schedule. My parents do, too.

CD
No, not that early. lol Altho, I would go to Red Lobster at any time if someone wanted to take me.

During the working week I get home around 5.30 so dinner is usually around 6, we like to keep to this at weekends and time off. If we are on holiday we like eat later but then we go to bed later so we don't try and sleep on a full stomach.

During the working week I get home around 5.30 so dinner is usually around 6, we like to keep to this at weekends and time off. If we are on holiday we like eat later but then we go to bed later so we don't try and sleep on a full stomach.
I don't like going to bed on a full stomach either but, although I eat late, I am often up all night most nights so it doesn't make a lot of difference. I was told a long time ago not to lie flat (in fact that is in the instruction leaflets for two of my meds) so I usually go to bed surrounded by plenty of pillows. That is also better than finding you have 30 kg of mutt slumped across you in the middle of the night :whistling:

I'm usually up between 5:00 and 6:00, and if I'm working from home then breakfast is at 08:30. Lunch is any time between 12:30 and 14:30, depending on what I ate for breakfast. Supper ("dinner" would describe something a bit more formal in these parts) is usually between 19:00 and 20:00, depending on how long it takes to cook. About an hour is probably the norm, but that's never a hardship when there's a glass of chilled white wine to hand, along with a bowl of olives or salted nuts to stave off the hunger.

I can't have dinner around 6pm: years ago, I had dinner too late, and I ended up not being able to lie down when going to bed, feeling a bit sick, with what felt like a bowling ball settling in my stomach.

Dinner is around 1pm.

I am trying to move to two meals a day. Except when I'm dining out with others or cooking with others.

This means most breakfasts (brunches) will be around 9 am, and dinner (linner??) will be about 7- 8 hours later.

No snacks are intended. I am trying for a 16/8 food intermittent fasting plan - 16 hours fasting, 8 a window for eating. It won't/can't logistically happen every day, but we shall see what we shall see.

Not going to be a success at that today, but I'm starting! (Ate breakfast at 8 am...)

I am trying to move to two meals a day. Except when I'm dining out with others or cooking with others.

I only ever eat two meals a day - sometimes only one plus a few tiny snacks. I never eat breakfast and don't feel hungry so its a light lunch and dinner in the evening. I couldn't do your plan though - it would mean dinner at 5 pm then nothing all evening. I'd probably end up having midnight snacks.

I only ever eat two meals a day - sometimes only one plus a few tiny snacks. I never eat breakfast and don't feel hungry so its a light lunch and dinner in the evening. I couldn't do your plan though - it would mean dinner at 5 pm then nothing all evening. I'd probably end up having midnight snacks.

Understood, but I'm abed hours before midnight. DInner at five works fine for me, with crawling into bed about 8. I will read until I drop off...

Breakfast for me is such a wonderful start of a day!

1.15 am for me last night although I'm trying to be in bed by midnight. Dinner was at 11 pm. I got up at 9.30 am this morning. Nothing consumed so far except two cups of tea.
10:20PM for sleepytime, up at 5:55AM (no alarm, that's just when I woke up), dog up about 6:10AM, MrsTasty up about 6:45AM.

Two mugs of tea, but I'm about to have some cold cereal. I've got to be online at 9AM for work.

Back
Top Bottom