What to do with shredded duck?

stuey48

Local time
1:41 PM
Hi, guys. I'm looking for ideas. This weekend, I'll be making duck ramen. Now, in order to make duck ramen, you need a duck carcass. And in order to get a duck carcass, you first need a duck (I worked that out). Now, most people would roast the duck, and serve it to their family. But as a single person living alone, a whole roast duck is way too much even for two meals. So, what I usually do is roast the duck, let it cool, pull the meat off the bones, divide the meat into potions and put them in the freezer. Then I have to decide what to do with it. I usually might make a plum or cherry sauce, and just warm the meat in the sauce. Sometimes I add the meat to a cassoulet, along with some pork belly. Maybe I could do duck spring rolls, but I haven't yet tried that. I'm looking for ideas for something I haven't tried before, apart from hoisin duck wraps, because I'm not all that keen on cucumber. What about bao buns, maybe? Has anyone done that? Suggestions appreciated.

Good idea with the buns. If you don't need the legs for the ramen, how about taking them off and confit them? Or make rillettes - Burt Blank posted a recipe not long ago.

My only experience with shredded duck was the time my dad and I were hunting, and we were surrounded by a flock of flying ducks, and he instinctively shot one that was way closer than he thought -- a few feet from the barrel of his 12-guage. We ended up wearing shredded duck. Funny story, if anyone cares to hear it.

CD

My only experience with shredded duck was the time my dad and I were hunting, and we were surrounded by a flock of flying ducks, and he instinctively shot one that was way closer than he thought -- a few feet from the barrel of his 12-guage. We ended up wearing shredded duck. Funny story, if anyone cares to hear it.

CD
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Shredded duck as a fashion statement.

Pulled pork sliders are very popular. Maybe try shredded duck sliders. Toss duck with a sweet and sour sauce and dress slider with a tart cabbage slaw

That sounds great. I'd go with a sweet/hot sauce, but either one would be good. :okay:

There wasn't enough of the duck my dad shredded to use for anything.

CD

Sort or like duck confit. You season it with fresh or dried herbs, some salt, black pepper ,garlic onion power, marinate it in the fridge overnight. Next day, put it in a Dutch Oven, poor some oil halfway up in the pot. Slow cook it. for several hours until it's fall-off-the-bone tender. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom