What type of potatoes do you prefer?

tatties are not difficult to grow at all. though I only plant out seed potatoes not supermarket ones, there is a difference. tatties are a wet weather plant which need plenty of water to grow. I have a few to plant out this weekend. It is not too late (here in the UK at least) to plant out tatties for a harvest.

I used to grow around 50-75kg a year of our own tatties. It would be enough to keep us going until about Easter. Nowadays I can't but I do grow them in potato bags and buckets with a couple of holes in them, but I have to remember to water them far more than I would like to! It would be nice to be my own veg plot again once my back is OK.

Bugs and slimy insects are the worst part of gardening, and like to eat everything that we work so hard to grow. This is the only thing I really fear about taking on a projects such as growing my own veggies. I will need to have a very large garden in order to sustain all of our veggie needs, but one day might be able to do it.

I am starting to research spices that can be sprayed on plants to keep insects away. I learned that you can use cayenne pepper and spray if in the plants, my only fear is that it would make the plants spicy.

Back
Top Bottom