What types of greens do you eat?

MoniqueS

Veteran
Local time
8:25 AM
Website
youngandpennywise.tumblr.com
I'm obsessed with eating as many types of greens as possible. I regularly eat the more typical varieties like spinach, kale, collard greens, etc. However, I also make a lot of smoothies with powders made from spirulina, kelp, chlorella, wheat grass, etc. One of my favorite snacks is roasted seaweed. What types of greens do you guys regularly eat?

Celery, cucumbers, broccoli, green bell peppers, collard, mustard, and turnip greens, and many other green vegetables. I love eating vegetables a lot.

I don't eat a lot of greens - I prefer more texture with my vegetables, although I do like spinach and spring cabbage when it's in season. I go more for cauliflower, broccoli and root vegetables, although I do try to have a mixture of salad greens when we have a cold plate for supper.

I eat those vegetables too, but I like to eat greens as well. I grew up eating greens and have loved eating them ever since. I just wish I had a garden and could grow my own instead of buying them from the store.

I eat lots of greens in my diet everyday. Alternately I had cucumber, broccoli, spinach, lettuce, onion leeks, green pepper, bell pepper, and other green vegetables in season. This had been part of my daily diet for years already and it makes me fit and healthy all the time.

I'm obsessed with eating as many types of greens as possible. I regularly eat the more typical varieties like spinach, kale, collard greens, etc. However, I also make a lot of smoothies with powders made from spirulina, kelp, chlorella, wheat grass, etc. One of my favorite snacks is roasted seaweed. What types of greens do you guys regularly eat?

About 70% of my clean eating lifestyle are green foods. I eat all sorts: asparagus, broccoli (favorite), mustard/collard greens, spinach (fresh), kale (fresh & chips), cucumber, avocado, kiwi, pears, apple, grapes, etc. I don't think there is a green food that I don't like/eat. I too make smoothies and I often juice... wish more people would take advantage of it!

I love all greens, especially nettle. It is a fantastic wild food source loaded with nutrients & minerals that few people actually use/eat. In spring I often substitute it for any other leafy green taking advantage of it being free. The rest of the time (one the supply in the freezer is consumed) I drink nettle leaf tea/infusion which is homemade in a cafetiere made up the night before and left to steep overnight for maximum benefit. Anything that asks for kale/spinach/spring greens you can easily use nettle instead and it is much more tasty than spinach.

Seaweed is something I would love to add to our diet, but we don't live near enough to an unpolluted coastal source and it is too expensive to include in the diet on a regular basis otherwise. But I do grow some of our greens - wild rocket is much tastier (fiery tasty) grown at home and much less is needed.

Honestly just like what SatNavSays, (lol) all greens are extremely good. I've heard about nettle and it's benefits towards testosterone for men. I really do like taking advantage of all greens, blues, yellows, as long as its from mother nature. The more colors there are, the more benefits I'll reap from them.

I must say you are one blessed person when it comes to eating greens. I love greens as well but it was not always that way. My gym and exercising days converted me. I love spinach and cabbage the most. Of course, all other greens are welcome too.

I probably should branch out a little and experiment by trying something new like Kale. The greens I eat mostly consist of lettuce, cabbage (my favorite being Bok Choy), peas, broccoli, spinach and edamame beans. Edamame beans are delicious, I remember going to an after show party for a play I was in and someone bringing along edamame beans, no one was keen to try them at first as no one thought they'd be as tasty as the other party snacks but once people tried them we soon ran out as everyone kept going back for seconds or thirds.

My favorites are broccoli and green beans. I also like peas and snap beans. I think green beans with a little bit of butter and some lemon pepper are amazing. I love eating my greens.

Back
Top Bottom