What Vegetable Do You Use Most Often?

Onions, broccoli, spinach. (Tomatoes and avocados but they are technically fruit).

Next would be mushrooms, peppers, courgette and cauliflower.

Asparagus, sprouts, corn on the cob, marrow when in season.

We eat relatively few potatoes but I do love a jacket potato and lovely new Jersey royals or Charlotte. Oh, and roast king Edwards. That reminds me of parsnips and pumpkin/squash when in season too.

I terms of volume, it's undoubtedly onions: they're in every stock, they form the base of every soup, and they seem to come along for the ride in so many different preparations.

But, in terms of frequency, it's probably garlic. I seem to find a way to add it to just about anything.

And, if only chili peppers were vegetables (and not technically fruits), they would probably tip the balance once again: I use chili peppers in some way in just about every savory recipe I make.

I terms of volume, it's undoubtedly onions: they're in every stock, they form the base of every soup, and they seem to come along for the ride in so many different preparations.

But, in terms of frequency, it's probably garlic. I seem to find a way to add it to just about anything.

And, if only chili peppers were vegetables (and not technically fruits), they would probably tip the balance once again: I use chili peppers in some way in just about every savory recipe I make.

Yeah, garlic seems to find its way into almost every dish we use onions in. Onions however edge out garlic for frequency in our cooking.

Back
Top Bottom