What was the first alcoholic drink you had?

Cider was my very first drink, other than the few sups I had of my dads Stout. A friend and I bought several pints of draught from the local off-licence and drank the lot.
We were both exceedingly sick. It took about 10 years before I could drink cider again due to my self induced aversion therapy!!
During that time, I had to stop seeing a girlfriend as she drank cider and a snog made me feel ill if we'd been out for a drink :laugh:

Cider was my very first drink, other than the few sups I had of my dads Stout. A friend and I bought several pints of draught from the local off-licence and drank the lot.
We were both exceedingly sick. It took about 10 years before I could drink cider again due to my self induced aversion therapy!!
During that time, I had to stop seeing a girlfriend as she drank cider and a snog made me feel ill if we'd been out for a drink :laugh:
I have a similar aversion to Scotch.:sick: Although in latter years I have been able to sip a good peaty malt.

I have a similar aversion to Scotch.:sick: Although in latter years I have been able to sip a good peaty malt.
Same here, although at one time I could still drink a little 100 Pipers, Dimple Haig, or Johnnie Walker Black Label on the odd occasion. And don't get me started on Jack Daniels whiskey - a sniff of it makes me feel quite ill. These days I just stick to my vodka.....:D

I don't drink whisky, it makes me feel grumpy and aggressive! No idea why, as I'm normally extremely laid back and amiable.
I can drink cider now though, if I feel like it. :)

I don't drink whisky, it makes me feel grumpy and aggressive! No idea why, as I'm normally extremely laid back and amiable.
I can drink cider now though, if I feel like it. :)
I do not usually like cider - the only exception was the cider we made ourselves

I used to drink cider at home in UK - Old English still dry. I found bottled and canned beers had too much gas (being normally a real ale drinker).

The only cider that I've ever liked was Bulmer's. It's called Magner's here in the states.
It's not too sweet, and it has a champagne yeast kind of gas.

The only cider that I've ever liked was Bulmer's. It's called Magner's here in the states.
It's not too sweet, and it has a champagne yeast kind of gas.
It's called Magners in the UK too. It's actually Irish, although Bulmers (an English company) did own a share in it at one time :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom