What was your cooking 'Whoops' moment today?

Wyshiepoo

Veteran
Local time
4:47 PM
So come on, I can't believe that you're all perfect and never make a mistake both in normal life and while cooking.

My whoops moment yesterday was forgetting to add the onions into the Pineapple Chicken I cooked.

I'd sliced them as part of prep and put them aside then dozed off on the couch. Woke up in a panic because I hadn't got the chicken in the oven and completely forgot to add onions in my rush to get the meal cooking.

Doh!

So come on, I can't believe that you're all perfect and never make a mistake both in normal life and while cooking.

My whoops moment yesterday was forgetting to add the onions into the Pineapple Chicken I cooked.

I'd sliced them as part of prep and put them aside then dozed off on the couch. Woke up in a panic because I hadn't got the chicken in the oven and completely forgot to add onions in my rush to get the meal cooking.

Doh!
I do that a lot, especially with a garnish or some kind of finishing item, like some kind of topping. I'll make it and set it aside and then forget about.

I guess my "whoops moment" yesterday was reducing the sauce for my pork chops too much. By the time I got to plating, there wasn't much sauce, just cooked prunes.

I'm such an independent when it comes to interpersonal communications and I keep forgetting to play the sycophant, at least a little bit, especially with people who like being in charge of things. I'm just plain no good at that sort of thing. It's been my life's worst failing. It happens all the time as a matter of fact. I can't help it. I can't help it. I can't help it. It must be something in my genes.

:wacky:

I put too much salt in a vegetable soup I was making this morning - luckily I hadn't added potatoes at that point, so they sort of soaked it up when I added them later.

I'm such an independent when it comes to interpersonal communications and I keep forgetting to play the sycophant, at least a little bit, especially with people who like being in charge of things. I'm just plain no good at that sort of thing. It's been my life's worst failing. It happens all the time as a matter of fact. I can't help it. I can't help it. I can't help it. It must be something in my genes.

:wacky:
Levi's or Wranglers mate ?

Back in the day, my girlfriend was at work so I made dinner for the first time. Pepper grinders in those days only existed in Italian Restaurants. I laid the table and filled the salt and pepper cruets. Unfortunately her brothers and sisters had shared the mothers ashes in plain containers. Her share was on the dining room sideboard. The rest is history.

Back in the day, my girlfriend was at work so I made dinner for the first time. Pepper grinders in those days only existed in Italian Restaurants. I laid the table and filled the salt and pepper cruets. Unfortunately her brothers and sisters had shared the mothers ashes in plain containers. Her share was on the dining room sideboard. The rest is history.
😱😱

Back
Top Bottom