Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had a peach tree at my last house, and I'd get 300-ish peaches all at once. I gave most of them away, ate some and froze some for my ex-wife to bake with.

But, the really, super ripe ones -- the ones you could barely touch because they were so soft -- went to a neighborhood peach margarita party. Those peaches were the sweetest and juiciest. They were hard to eat, because they fell apart in your hands. But they made some awesome margaritas. It's a good thing nobody had to drive home.

CD

Not yet, but pretty soon:
That Appleton Signature Blend used to be called V/X (signifying a blend of rums between 5-10 yrs old). Ownership of the brand may have shifted to Campari, but its still a legitimately good example of Jamaican rum. Let me know if you ever want any recommendations.

My wife works for Bacardi, so sometimes I don't get to choose what bottles come home, but DonQ sounds good. Any favorite vintage?

I never really drank enough rum to get into vintages. I know I like a well aged dark rum for sipping, but prefer a silver (clear) rum for coctails, like piña coladas.

CD

I never really drank enough rum to get into vintages. I know I like a well aged dark rum for sipping, but prefer a silver (clear) rum for coctails, like piña coladas.

CD
Generally white/silver rums are unaged and your typical "gold" rums can range from 3yrs to 21+yrs, with price increasing relative to age. I find that over the 5yr mark, its a personal preference because the longer they age, the more flavor they absorb from the oak barrels. For example, Appleton 12 yr is my choice from their lineup, and Bacardi's 8yr is a better "bang for the buck" than their 10 year.

Today, I started by drinking coffee with kahlua and white chocolate mocha creamer.

full.jpg

I included a couple fun size Snickers bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom