Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not accustomed to seeing "nice" and "Cleveland" in the same sentence. :unsure:

CD
Cleveland's had a bit of a revitalization happen, but it's still Cleveland, I suppose. I'm kind of partial to dysfunction, so I like them, in the same way you cheer for an underdog.

They're a great food city, if you're into that Polish-Hungarian-Central Europe food vibe. Best food isn't in the "nice" restaurants, but the neighborhood bars and dives.

I used to have to go up there a few times a year for work, and unlike nearly everyone else, I always looked forward to it. My best friend at work is from Cleveland, and we'd usually go together, so I got some of an insider's look at where to go (and not go).

I was really happy to find that a Cleveland-based small grocery chain (Marc's) opened a location about 40 minutes from me, in Kettering, by far their furthest south, and I love shopping there, because so many of the products are local Cleveland products that I can't get anywhere else.

Great Lakes, of course, is their Grand Dame of craft breweries, but it's nice to help out one of the smaller ones like Platform.

Cleveland's had a bit of a revitalization happen, but it's still Cleveland, I suppose. I'm kind of partial to dysfunction, so I like them, in the same way you cheer for an underdog.

They're a great food city, if you're into that Polish-Hungarian-Central Europe food vibe. Best food isn't in the "nice" restaurants, but the neighborhood bars and dives.

I used to have to go up there a few times a year for work, and unlike nearly everyone else, I always looked forward to it. My best friend at work is from Cleveland, and we'd usually go together, so I got some of an insider's look at where to go (and not go).

I was really happy to find that a Cleveland-based small grocery chain (Marc's) opened a location about 40 minutes from me, in Kettering, by far their furthest south, and I love shopping there, because so many of the products are local Cleveland products that I can't get anywhere else.

Great Lakes, of course, is their Grand Dame of craft breweries, but it's nice to help out one of the smaller ones like Platform.

Well, at least the Cuyahoga River hasn't caught fire in a while. :laugh:

As a Steelers fan, I don't think I am allowed in Cleveland. At least it wouldn't be a good thing if the locals in a bar found out. :ninja:

CD

I went Belgian yesterday:

2BEA7BD6-05E0-430C-84B1-E68DC96D32EE.jpeg

This morning, instead of my regular hot coffee, I did it iced, - iced kahlua caramel macchiato coffee.

full.jpg

Does Cincinnati have the only airport without 15 Starbucks?

CD
This happens to be Columbus. Of the three airports we (used to) routinely use (Dayton, Columbus, Cincy), Cincy is my least favorite.

Starbucks...I know there was one after Security, but all but one thing was shut down, as in closed for the duration, on the public side of the airport.

This happens to be Columbus. Of the three airports we (used to) routinely use (Dayton, Columbus, Cincy), Cincy is my least favorite.

Starbucks...I know there was one after Security, but all but one thing was shut down, as in closed for the duration, on the public side of the airport.

At least Dayton and Columbus airports are actually IN Ohio. :laugh:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom