Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beer for a year? I know myself that well.

I have 11 bottles of Ayinger Oktoberfest Märzen Bier, 3 bottles of Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock and one bottle of Weihenstephaner Hefe Weißbier. At best, I'll have 2 or 3 beers in month, but more probably, just one. And I have an unopened bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon at the moment also.

Yes, I have beer for a year.

Did you get your order in for the the 2021 edition of Samuel Adams Utopias beer? Looks like it will be $240 per bottle this year. 13,000 total bottles. Oh, it's not legal in some states -- it has 28-percent ABV. :ohmy:

View attachment 71602

CD
I want! but I am not spending that much on a beer, sorry not sorry. The most expensive bottle of rum I have is around that price, and that is going to last me years.

Today, I had hefe weißbier with squeezed lemon.

full.jpg

I haven't seen that in a long long long time. I have to say though, when I drink beer, I drink beer.

:)

I like to drink a good national brand of beer. Not some fly-by-night beer that fell off the back of a turnip truck, if you know what I mean. Hah!! :whistling:

I like to drink a good national brand of beer. Not some fly-by-night beer that fell off the back of a turnip truck, if you know what I mean. Hah!! :whistling:

Hey, Rolling Rock is good beer, even though it is no longer a local owned Pennsylvania beer. As far as I know it is still made the same way.

There are very few major brands of beer that are American owned. Rolling Rock is owned by a Belgian mega corporation. Yurropeans own most of the crap brands of beers in America -- yet they all love to tell us how bad our beer is.

The USA has blossomed with small independent breweries that are making outstanding beers, and flying the middle finger flag to furrin beer mega corporations. Here is a link to the beer made within ten miles of my house.

Franconia Brewing Company-McKinney,TX – Franconia Brewing Company-McKinney,TX

CD

Last edited:
Not surprised. Hardly anything is made now by it's original origin or company nowadays. 😱

Last edited:
Does that mean you like Shlitz and Buttwiper?

You should know all about Schlitz beer, since it is owned by a San Francisco hedge fund/investment company. Budweiser is a Yurropean company.

But, what do I know? Teach us all about beer.

CD

Hey, it is not all bad. There is a beer Renaissance going on in the US. Local breweries are popping up all over, an they are owned an operated by people who love good beer.

Support your local brewer!

CD
Yes! I have found absolute joy in microbreweries in every state I have visited. I'm not against foreign beer, or even big conglomerates, but I love the originality of the small local breweries. Support Local!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom