Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
20211225_134646.jpg

Store bought eggnog with dark rum and a light dusting of freshly ground nutmeg, and an amazing fruitcake made by monks in Oregon, US of A.

Season's eatings.

mjb.

Yesterday...
pre-NYE 2021 line-up.JPG

from the left:
2016 Court Garden Classic Cuvée Brut, England - a blend of chardonnay, pinot noir and pinot meunier; perhaps my favourite quality english sparkler of the moment, certainly providing better value than most; available directly from the producer or some independent wine stores in the UK.
2018 Domaine des Gerbeaux Pouilly Fuissé Champs Roux, France - 100% chardonnay, often good value from southern burgundy.
NV Nyetimber Classic Cuvée, England - the wine that put english wine on the map, still very good, yet expensive in my opinion.
NV Nyetimber Rosé - one of the most overrated and overpriced sparklers I've had the misfortune to drink; even though its well-made, has pleasant redcurrant and cherry flavour, it is short and acidic and you won't get much change from £40, avoid.
2013 Nyetimber Blanc de Blancs, England - 100% chardonnay, well-made, good quality wine, brioche notes, not cheap.
2014 Cantina de Negrar Recioto della Valpolicella, Italy - a blend of corvina and molinara grapes but the most important aspect is that the grapes are left to dry for a few months to intensify the flavour. This is rich and sweet, a dessert wine, perfect with anything faintly to do with chocolate. Yum.

Pouilly Fuissé is one of the few French wines I actually like. I don't care for Chardonnay from any country.

Do you like Ice Wines from Canada? How do you feel about California wines? Texas doesn't have a large selection of wines, but we have a few that are good. It is all a matter of matching grapes to soil and climate, IMHO.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom