Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switched over to beer (specifically, Rickard’s Red) after dinner. Watching the garden grow…

AC4B1495-CD04-4916-B824-D9727442F395.jpeg

Well tonight I won't be drinking anything, tomorrow is the Stoke Whisky Festival so I imagine I'll have 2 or 3 there. 😊
If you don't know how a whisky festival works, you buy a ticket (£40)to get in then all the whisky samples you have are free.
You get to try loads of new whiskies, you dry can't remember them. 😄😄
This is the line up for tomorrow's....

Exhibitors - Stoke-on-Trent Whisky Festival

Well tonight I won't be drinking anything, tomorrow is the Stoke Whisky Festival so I imagine I'll have 2 or 3 there. 😊
If you don't know how a whisky festival works, you buy a ticket (£40)to get in then all the whisky samples you have are free.

I’ve never been to a whisk(e)y festival like that, but we have a lot of beer tastings that follow the same concept - for a fee, you get (liberal) samples of all the beers, a commemorative tasting glass, and they provide a sort of buffet of finger foods to go with the booze.

We love going to those, but then they stopped with covid. Waiting for them to start up again.

I one went to the BBC Good Food show in Birmingham. There was a whisky stand with free tots. And I was only just standing when we left staggered out.

My Nephew (Niece's Dear Husbad) belongs to a Bourbon Club in Plano, TX. Plano is a suburb of Dallas. They have monthly gatherings where they share rare and very expensive Bourbon. My Niece has developed a taste for Boubon. Fortunatly they are financially flush and able to support an expensive hobby. Baby Sister (Niece's Mother) says that rheir bar is a bomb waiting to explode. In the event of a fire the high test Bourbon would blow the roof off of the house. :hyper:

I am not a bourbon drinker so I miss the point. My Nephew would appreciate it.
That stuff sells out around here nearly before it’s off the truck. People wait in line for it, like they’re getting tickets to the Super Bowl, and it’s gotten ugly a time or two, because liquor stores around here limit you to two bottles, to keep people from hoarding it. They don’t keep it on the shelves at most places around here - you have to ask if it’s in and they’ll go get it if it is. People get in fights over it.

I walked in the door and happened to see it sitting on the floor behind the register and asked if it was available, and it was, last one, so I nabbed it.

That stuff sells out around here nearly before it’s off the truck. People wait in line for it, like they’re getting tickets to the Super Bowl, and it’s gotten ugly a time or two, because liquor stores around here limit you to two bottles, to keep people from hoarding it. They don’t keep it on the shelves at most places around here - you have to ask if it’s in and they’ll go get it if it is. People get in fights over it.

I walked in the door and happened to see it sitting on the floor behind the register and asked if it was available, and it was, last one, so I nabbed it.
My Nephew would probably love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom