Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I was still recovering from Friday night. Went to a gig to see Stiff Little Fingers. Only up the road from home and one of my favourite bands. Nipped into a pub for a couple of pints of some nasty beer stuff (I only really drink whisky) then went back round there after the (fantastic) gig.
Anyway, back on track... last night I just had a couple of samples I had been given...

Hey Peloquin and other forum members who favor a high-proof tipple, When you get something that is >55% ABV (what I have heard referred to as Cask Strength) do you sip neat or on the rocks? In the Rum world, we call anything over 55% "Overproof" and its usually put in mixed drinks and cocktails. So just curious.

That was from yesterday - excellent example of a hefe, nice and cloudy with that signature banana-like fragrance and taste. This has been my favorite so far.

Hey Peloquin and other forum members who favor a high-proof tipple, When you get something that is >55% ABV (what I have heard referred to as Cask Strength) do you sip neat or on the rocks? In the Rum world, we call anything over 55% "Overproof" and its usually put in mixed drinks and cocktails. So just curious.
I usually drink it neat, sometimes a tiny splash of water to bring it other flavours. Never ice though, Whisky is meant to be drunk at room temperature, the cold actually reduces the flavours.

As predicted, this isn’t my favorite, but I don’t like IPAs as a rule, so that’s ok.

That said…if I had to drink an IPA, I could do a lot worse than this one. The piney smack in the palate is upfront and instant, then fades away pretty quickly.

Sorry to end on a positive note, caseydog. I just can’t help it. :laugh:

View attachment 88906
As predicted, this isn’t my favorite, but I don’t like IPAs as a rule, so that’s ok.

That said…if I had to drink an IPA, I could do a lot worse than this one. The piney smack in the palate is upfront and instant, then fades away pretty quickly.

Sorry to end on a positive note, caseydog. I just can’t help it. :laugh:

I don't really like IPAs either. For some reason, I thought you did, which is why I picked it.

CD

I don't really like IPAs either. For some reason, I thought you did, which is why I picked it.

CD
MrsT is worse than I am about them, and she tasted it and said, “I’d drink that.”

Her alcohol consumption has dropped so low, though, she’d probably be happy with a shot of nail polish remover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom