Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we have them here - but there are similar machines. I can't see much point. I use an electric kettle.
I suppose the attraction is three-fold:

1. It's the latest thing, and the neighbor has one, so I must have one! - not a factor for me.

2. It's fast; faster than a kettle, especially if you leave it on all the time. Even if it's been off, the initial heat-up is faster than my kettle. That is a factor to me, but not a huge one.

3. The varieties of hot drinks seems endless - all manner of teas and coffees, and other flavored drinks, like hot apple cider, variations on chocolate drinks, and all sorts of things I'd never drink otherwise. Also not a factor for me.

So...I do like the speed of it, though in any given week, I continually cycle between Keurig, kettle, French press, and k-cups, loose tea, ground coffee, and tea bags, sometimes visiting all combinations in the same day!

I do like the flavored stuff, like I just finished a box of Twining's Winter Spice, but I don't drink many flavored coffees or other drinks.

The only reason we have one is we inherited one (that has since gone to the appliance graveyard), and we got used to having it handy. Like I said earlier, though, I use it more as a hot water dispenser than anything else. :)

When using it with a k-cup, it kind of sounds like killing a fiddle-playing cat with a set of bagpipes, and I have to start it and quick run out of the kitchen for a minute until it's done. Whenever we visit my SIL, she usually has a houseful of people, and that damn machine runs non-stop, so I'm always 3/4 of the way to a nervous breakdown with a splitting headache along for the ride.

When using it with a k-cup, it kind of sounds like killing a fiddle-playing cat with a set of bagpipes, and I have to start it and quick run out of the kitchen for a minute until it's done.

:laugh:

There is a 'tap' you can get here. I'm sure there is similar in the US. Its in place of your normal kitchen sink tap but does boiling water as well as the usual warm/cold. The most advertised one is the Quooker - review here: Quookers and boiling water taps - are they worth it? - Which?.

They cost a lot of money...

I got another 4 pack of Kentucky bourbon barrel ale. Kind of expensive, $12 for the 4 pack, but I don't have more than 1 at a time, so...

We also found some Abita Pecan ale that is a limited time/seasonal product, hadn't seen it in years. It didn't taste as good as I remember so was a bit of a disappointment.

I apologize in advance for waiting so long to post on this topic. It’s not because I haven’t been drinking anything. Or taking pictures of it. I know. I’m weird.

I changed my mind about posting all the pictures of different beers I’ve had at the same time. They were just too many, so I will break up my posts. I like to try something different every time, and there is so many good beers in the world now that this is not hard to do.

They are in reverse order, by the way.

Last edited:
30A7D3DD-C2C4-40C8-B8D6-B7E99D04E081.jpeg

Arcadia Ale’s wonderful barley wine, named “Cereal Killer.” It’s 10% alcohol, but it’s very smooth. Obviously aged for a long time.

0A1C1D86-B442-494D-B849-1298DF77F1B5.jpeg

Baffin Brewing Company’s Mango Unchained. I think I’m drawn to beers that have clever puns for their name. I love the movie with Jamie Foxx, and I love the fact that every sip is like drinking mango juice, but much stronger: 6.5% alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom