Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to think we're just connoisseurs!

There's a guy here just starting as a wine supplier. His initial offer is a case of six "fine wines" for Christmas at ฿ 7,600.00 a case. That's almost £ 200.00 or over $ 250.00.

I think that I'll pass.

There's a guy here just starting as a wine supplier. His initial offer is a case of six "fine wines" for Christmas at ฿ 7,600.00 a case. That's almost £ 200.00 or over $ 250.00.

I think that I'll pass.
They better be pretty damn fine. We buy a lot of our wines by the case straight from the winery; not only are the wines cheaper by the bottle, but we get a discount on each case.

A local wine we like, a sweet red, is $15 a bottle at the shop in town, but by going two hours up the road to the winery and buying a case of wine (we usually buy two), we can get it for $8 a bottle.

"A bottle of Scotch whisky dating back to 1926 has just shattered world records, fetching a staggering $1.9 million at a Sotheby’s auction in London. That’s more than $100,000 per shot. For context,a Porsche 911 Carrera starts at $97,000.

The “Holy Grail” of whiskies with the eye-watering price tag is a bottle of “The Macallan Fine and Rare 60-year-old 1926” single malt. It was distilled in 1926, and aged in casks of “European Oak” for 60 years before being bottled in 1986."

DEE0AF8F-0766-4C3B-9D00-E8023A4919FD.jpeg

In honor of the University of Michigan football team finally playing the sort of game people were expecting them to play, I’m drinking this. The Wolverines soundly defeated 8th ranked Notre Dame last night, and the performance gave me hope for the rest of the season.

However, TastyReuben, i’m keeping my expectations realistic. I believe Ohio State has by far the best team in the country.

Still, an excellent lager that causes me to rethink my opinion of American lagers.

FFFDF9ED-908F-4CFE-B896-58036D0A6DA5.jpeg

An American beer, brewed in Wisconsin, with a very German name. It also has a very German soul. It’s a bit on the light side as Oktoberfest beers go, but it’s good.

It’s served in a beer stein that I got when I visited Frankfurt earlier this year.

2BF2FBF0-8DD8-4418-B9A8-CD1ECF428274.jpeg

My wife’s mom found these in her basement. She doesn’t even know why they were there. If you see the type of can, it will give you an idea of how old these are. For the record, pull tab cans were made illegal in 1972. They were empty – I don’t know if I would’ve trusted trying to drink what was in them anyway – but these are pretty cool treasures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom