Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5FDE55AF-84F2-4015-B7F9-5A01BACD9C01.jpeg

Is this evil, as the name implies? No: in fact it’s a very, very good. Floral, and fruity, with not that much of a bite from the hops. Fittingly, it has 6.66% alcohol content.

I’m drinking it out of a chalice that’s meant to replicate those used in Roman bath houses. It’s hard to see from the picture, but it says THE GORGON'S HEAD. Seemed appropriate to me.

Last edited:
I have recently renewed my passport. In the UK it is acceptable to apply for a passport on-line or by post. Not here!

I need to travel to Bangkok to deliver my soon to be expired passport to some outfit who is subcontracted by the British Government. They then send the application to the UK Passport Office, London. When the passport is issued it will be sent to the outfit to whom you delivered the application. You are then required to return to Bangkok to collect the passport from them; they will not mail it to you.

View attachment 35474

Is this evil, as the name implies? No: in fact it’s a very, very good. Floral, and fruity, with not that much of a bite from the hops. Fittingly, it has 6.66% alcohol content.

I’m drinking it out of a chalice that’s meant to replicate those used in Roman bath houses. It’s hard to see from the picture, but it says the gorgons head. Seemed appropriate to me.

Love that chalice.

View attachment 35474

I’m drinking it out of a chalice that’s meant to replicate those used in Roman bath houses. It’s hard to see from the picture, but it says the gorgons head. Seemed appropriate to me.
How they missed calling that "Diabolic-Ale" Is beyond me! :)

Something I rarely make...a shot.

The wife went out shopping this afternoon and texted be a few hours later, saying, "This is nuts, and there better be a drink waiting me!" Figured as good a time as any to make a dessert shot.

This is half amaretto and half butterscotch schnapps, with a little whipped cream on top. The wife's measured, well-considered critique: "DAAAAAAAAMN, THAT'S GOOD!"

7F6D17EE-1EE2-4719-A339-2277A0CA25FC.jpeg

Am I getting ahead of myself? Probably yes. But, this has never happened to me before, so I’m celebrating early. I am in two fantasy (American) football leagues, I made the playoffs in both, and I won my first round game in both. The game I should’ve won easily, I won 131.5 to 131.2. The one I played against the best team in the league, I won 163.15 to 148.65.

The beer I’m drinking is as unusual as the result was tonight. It’s Synalpheus Pinkfloydi by Short’s Brewery, an almost obscenely sour beer. I’m not sure what connection the lobster has to Pink Floyd, but anything related to Pink Floyd is OK with me.

I got the chalice at the Tower of London a few years ago. I rarely drink out of it, but this is a special occasion.

View attachment 35474

There is a local place in ypsi that has it on tap. Its one of my favorites.

Some beer arrives. Given what has been going on in this country, we need something to cheer us up.

We have two minipins (10-litre bags) from Yeovil Ales in Somerset. One light and one dark. Hopkandi is a bit of a rubbish name, but it's a very nice, tangy, fruity, hoppy golden ale. Stout Hearted is a very tasty stout with quite a considerable depth of taste for something that is, for a stout, relatively light at 4.3%.

This is from what's probably my favorite local brewery, a nice winter warmer. I had to snag a pic of the label from their website because I was feeling all full of manly Christmas spirit and crushed the can before I took a snap. 🎅 👻 💪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom