Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite partial to a winter warmer. This is an especially nice one, from Bateman's brewery in Lincolnshire.

I've had a few Castle Rock beers - generally pretty good. Can't abide Greene King, though. Can't abide Wetherspoon's either for that matter...partially political but not just that. I thought their original concept wasn't bad, the idea of George Orwell's ideal pub and all that, but they've deviated a long way from that.

Is it possible that I am the team of destiny in two fantasy football leagues in the same season, when I have never been once for either team? The points don’t lie: I am going to be playing in the championship game for the first time, and I’m doing it twice!

So, to celebrate, I did what people around the world are doing: they’re getting a Ravenclaw mug from Universal Studios, to honor the least talked about house in Harry Potter, and filling it with an age appropriate beverage. Although, I’m sure Ron and his twin brothers drank in the dorms. I think they were probably intoxicated in one way or another throughout all the books.

I’m stunned that things are going so well, although I suppose I had something to do with my success this season, too.

55CF22E2-E73A-4EEF-BB81-E802BE69EAAD.jpeg

A Michigan hard cider, served in a Detroit glass, to commemorate my victory in my fantasy football championship game! I actually played in two championship games tonight, and I won one of them. Both went the same way: I won my game easily, and my opponent in the other league won his easily against me.

You’ll notice it’s more than just the glass and the cider. This is a tasty, low-calorie cider, which may sound like an oxymoron. But, the low-calorie ciders from Blakes are not as dense as the regular ones. So, I decided to add some density. A Mojito has rum and lime juice, so I added more of both. I would show you what it looked like, but I drank most of it before I thought of showing the finished product.

As for my victory, I believe I am the people’s champion: every person in my house is happy that I won, especially since I got a cash prize. I also get one for second place, so the total amount will definitely put a dent in my Christmas spending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom