Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sauvignon Blanc (Christmas present) - I have my Christmas nail polish on!

Here's my morning cuppa, and I want to focus on the cup for a change:

We have a local group who promotes keeping the German language alive and spoken in Cincinnati (and they do a good job of it), so a few years back, they put together and sold a series of mugs with interesting German words on them.

German is known to have some words that are somewhat complex/compounded and with wonderfully specific meanings; the best known in the US is probably schadenfreude (taking pleasure in someone else's bad luck).

This mug, MrsTasty bought for me because she said it suits me top to toes, narrenfreiheit. Also known as the jester's right, it's the privilege to mock (authority or the status quo, for example) without fear of negative repercussions.

It's a nice way to say I'm something of a smart-ass. :)

C9662411-B922-4B4F-BD6D-109B0C3EC906.jpeg

What a way to ring in the new year. Massacre is a delightfully named bourbon barrel aged beer that is a 2015 vintage. Yes: this is aged the way a wine is aged, and it’s just as potent...13% alcohol, but smooth.

Wolverine brewing in Ann Arbor puts out a new vintage each year, so this is technically discontinued. But the Three Blind Mice pub in Mount Clemens still serves it (and all other vintages...this is the oldest).

Don’t think of me as a lightweight if I only have one!

Onto the Yeovil Ales Stout-Hearted for the new year. It's 4.3%, not that strong for a stout, but it has a lot of flavour. A definite coffee blast on first taste, then some roasted flavours and bitter chocolate hints.

Yet another beer that defies the "logic" of the CAMRA ultras, by which I mean those who claim that beer that is less than 5% has no taste. These people must miss out on a lot of very good beer...

Onto the Yeovil Ales Stout-Hearted for the new year. It's 4.3%, not that strong for a stout, but it has a lot of flavour. A definite coffee blast on first taste, then some roasted flavours and bitter chocolate hints.

Yet another beer that defies the "logic" of the CAMRA ultras, by which I mean those who claim that beer that is less than 5% has no taste. These people must miss out on a lot of very good beer...

Pre Xmas I was drinking a beer from the bottle, ( leftover from something) when someone said, why are you drinking 0% beer. I didn't know it was. It tasted alright. Exactly like beer. I threw it out.

Russ

Homemade blackberry wine, gift from the neighbor. Indistinguishable from plain old fruit juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom