Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
21EFEC52-AE58-4DCA-A131-5A0361EB535A.jpeg

One cool thing about just about every country but the USA: they tend to have a glass with the name of the beer. This one is an IPA from a French microbrewery. Yesterday’s was from a Belgian brewery.

View attachment 37829

One cool thing about just about every country but the USA: they tend to have a glass with the name of the beer. This one is an IPA from a French microbrewery. Yesterday’s was from a Belgian brewery.
I think the glasses exist, but the bars here are hit-or-miss about using them. About the only time I "correct" them is when I see them reach for a Bud Light glass. :stop:

Most bars around here will sell you the glass if you like it (for a crazy price). Back in the '90's, we'd stopped in a little pub in the UK, and they had these cute Murphy's Irish Stout glasses, and I asked if I could buy two of them, and he looked at me like I'd just asked to defile his daughter, and he refused to sell them. :laugh:

Well now. Sometimes being adventurous in ordering beer doesn’t work out quite the way you intended. This one is Panache Le Monaco, a brew that had a pink foam head and tasted like an overly sweet soda. It wasn’t until after I looked it up that I learned it was a radler style, with only 1.5% alcohol. I mixed in a shot of vodka, however, and the situation improved. Still too sweet, though.

5F13FAEC-7BB9-4241-96AE-DFAA18432EAD.jpeg

8CF4B5A7-6D77-46A1-96D8-13F59AF85CB7.jpeg

The Brut style is my new favorite. This one does taste like a nice, dry champagne...a brut. I was thinking of making a case for how the skull mug is somehow related to the drink. It’s not.

I really would have preferred to get a French Farmhouse ale. Maybe another time. This is a good-sized mug, with just enough skulls to feel cool but not TOO creepy. The actual Catacombs? Not a place to have a pint.

The mug does get its revenge for you disturbing its resting place. The handle is like a boney finger: the joints start to hurt if you hold the glass for too long. Totally worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom